Ocellaris clownfish wont host Long tentacle anemone!!

reefer_evo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently got into the hobby with a small Fluval Evo v saltwater tank. I currently have two small Ocellaris clownfish and a long tentacle anemone and I can’t seem to get them to host the anemone at all. Is it maybe because they are to small? The Lta is pretty big and looks to be in great condition only had this set up for couple of months now.

6858A614-2264-4C86-8B29-7BB8DC5CC7AC.jpeg 765207CD-4AFE-4B6E-8C91-A1E84DDC0CF0.jpeg

sealife4life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 sets of clowns (white speckled, caramel) and 3 rbtas and none are hosted by clowns. It’s never a guarantee that they will. They’ve been together for 4 months now. I do occasionally see them pecking at the tips but never hosted. I also believe that they are not really threatened in tank being tank mates are lawnmower blenny and diamond goby. Maybe later when I add for fish things will be different.

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Similar to @dvgyfresh suggestion of video, often finding picture online of an anemone like yours hosting clownfish like yours, print it out, tape it onto tank so fish can see it and in 1-2 weeks or so your clownfish may figure it out and begin going in... Good luck!

Upvote 0

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not helpful, but I would say not anything to worry about. Clowns will go where they feel comfortable. It is good to give them options, but if they feel more comfortable somewhere else it is no issue normally. My clowns usually seem to prefer gonioporas even when a bubble tip is in the tank. One pair in a frag tank prefers prefers a PVC pipe even though i put a goniopora in there precisely because all my clowns in other tanks choose the goniopora as a host....

Upvote 0
Back