• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Octo-aquatics Negative review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surprising bc I ordered a 6 foot lid with a very detailed to scale craftsman quality drawing and he cut it the wrong size for an industry standard overflow box on my WaterBox by over half an inch. and when I emailed him yesterday when minutes after opening the box he had no solution and called me scammer and said I measured wrong. When in fact I wanted to see if it could be recut by me or him. Never asked for money back and then he began to berate me and call me a bully dropped a few f bombs and told me get a lawyer then said all the other idiots That order lids off of him get it right. Meanwhile my measurements were spot on he missed by more than an inch in two places and a half inch for the overfllow. Glad you got a good lid and hard good service. Not sure why he chose to lash out at me literally within 20 minutes of opening the box. Which by the way he sent when I was out of town so I had no idea it was even here until I returned a week later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus I had three other smaller cubes I was going to have him make me lids for and I had bought a few small things off this place before like a magnetic feeder and a couple of Magnetic veggie clips. I guess I’ll try out acrylic habitats I hear they make good lids. I’m just not good at these DIY aluminum ones I can never get the mesh tight enough

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only things correct in your diatribe are that i did call your a scammer and i did berate you. it was well deserved though. you came at me sideways from the start. if you had shown me respect, you would have a new lid and an apology for any misunderstanding, regardless of fault.

ps - yes, i do use adult language sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easily worst craftsmanship ever. Too flimsy and not enough supports. If getting one made I would suggest getting one made elsewhere. It’s like the Dyson vacuum. This business says the rest are imitators...I say the rest are like Dyson...they didn’t invent the acrylic lid they made it better!! Way better than Octo.....ics!

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easily worst craftsmanship ever. Too flimsy and not enough supports. If getting one made I would suggest getting one made elsewhere. It’s like the Dyson vacuum. This business says the rest are imitators...I say the rest are like Dyson...they didn’t invent the acrylic lid they made it better!! Way better than Octo.....ics!

lol.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Drilled and carved out the space on the back to make it fit around the overflow. Not a perfect fit but it covers and I moved the lights over to make up for his errors. Not symmetrical anymore but oh well. And now less than one month in the front end netting separated from the groove bc the spline he put in must not have been done properly. Buyer beware. This has been a real nightmare. The worst ever. Can’t wait until me real covers come in from ClearView lids!!

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you reap what you sow.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
869FC4B3-AB4E-4033-BE6E-58BAB07002C3.jpeg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back