Octo Cup™ - Waterbox, Red Sea, 4”, Eshopps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 4 for my reefer 750xxl. Plan on using cheap poly fil to help clean my tank water. Used the socks once and threw them away.

yeah socks are so old school now. cups are so much easier.

i’ve also been making a lot of magnetic filter floss trays that attach to sump baffles.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a sump.out of a used 75g acrylic tank. I need something for the first chamber like this. Do you have something that will hold the cups in place in the tank outerwall?

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
octocup-wb.jpg

Waterbox - Introducing the world's FIRST filter cup for Waterbox tanks!! This will fit the Marine, AIO and Cube models. The tube itself is 2.25" O.D. and approx. 6" tall.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great product, I wonder if it will fit in my Geo's Reef sump with 4 inch socks

is there a specific reason they wouldn’t work?

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I know of just was curious if anyone used them on a Geo's sump yet

i sell a ton of filter cups but i don’t always know what sump/tank people have, unless they’re ordering the cups specifically for waterbox or eshopps.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love these and would buy one immediately, however how do you go from using a micron filter that catches a ton of debree (i clean mine every 3-4 days) to using this? What happens to the debris that the micron filter was catching, that is clearly going to slip through the holes?

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these and would buy one immediately, however how do you go from using a micron filter that catches a ton of debree (i clean mine every 3-4 days) to using this? What happens to the debris that the micron filter was catching, that is clearly going to slip through the holes?

you pack the cup full of filter material. it’s easier and cheaper to replace that, than washing and replacing socks. the filter material will still get clogged and just like with socks, it’s up to you to maintain your tank appropriately.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cut several of my socks to fit the cup diameter. I add one to the bottom, floss in the middle and another square on top. Sometimes I add a bag of carbon in between. I still end up washing the circles like I would the socks but it's a lot easier washing little circles and a lot less space. I lay them on cookie sheets (thank you dollar tree) to dry. I'm not totally pleased with my current method so I'm watching to see what others do.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut several of my socks to fit the cup diameter. I add one to the bottom, floss in the middle and another square on top. Sometimes I add a bag of carbon in between. I still end up washing the circles like I would the socks but it's a lot easier washing little circles and a lot less space. I lay them on cookie sheets (thank you dollar tree) to dry. I'm not totally pleased with my current method so I'm watching to see what others do.

most of my customers just buy a big roll of poly from amazon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back