Octo Lids™

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
octobanner.gif

Octo Lids™

I've been making plastic mesh screen tops BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! I use 3/8" clear plastic and 1/4" clear mesh netting. Cutouts and feed doors are available upon request. If you have plastic trim on your tank, the lid will sit on the inside ledge of the trim. If you have a rimless tank, the lid will sit on 2" tabs on the tank rim and the lid will sit down inside the tank approx. 1/4". I can build lids for just about any tank out there including the popular manufacturers such as: Red Sea, Innovative Marine, Planet Aquarium, Waterbox Aquariums, SC Aquariums, Deep Blue Aquariums and Biocubes (Coralife, JBJ, Oceanic...). I also build lids for custom built glass and acrylic tanks.

*** I have never licensed my lids to any other company. If you see someone else making plastic, screen aquarium lids they are infringing on my intellectual property.

* Hinged feed doors are $25 extra!

* Features polished edges.

* Cut-outs are $FREE!

* Quotes are good for 30 days.

* Shipping comes with full insurance.

* Octo Lids™ longer than 36" will have a 1" wide center brace to avoid the lid bowing due to pressure from the netting.

Order HERE.

octolid01-1024x514.jpg

octolid12.jpg

octolid_atoll.jpg

octolid03.jpg

octolid05.JPG

octolid06.jpg

octolid09.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last edited:
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL cut-outs are now FREE!!!!!

need cut-outs for power cords, overflow box, light mounts, etc? i got ya covered....for FREE!

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2253.JPG
Just got my Octo lid.. very well packaged for the ship.. be careful unwrapping....
The is is custom made to the specs you give Matt.. my lid was a perfect fit right out of the box..
Quality craftmanship, hand honed and beautiful addition to my rimless reef tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 years of making these and I still love seeing the end result.

30AwA81r-2.jpg

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each lid comes with a custom shipping box, which I pay for, not you!

IMAG1402.jpg

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price for a reefer250? Anyone have pics of older ones interested to see if it watped or not

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if they make a rigid acrylic mesh as opposed to the netting? Like a wafer style totally flat/solid and uniform sheet.

It would eventually bow acrylic bows if its only on the edge it will be fine but if you put any cross braces they will bow

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not acrylic its thin polycarbonate (fancy word for plastic) its the stuff brs sells for like 13$ its stretched out using teflon or plastic screws that are drilled into the acrylic frame that they custom cut to fit your tank

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but I don't know how practical it would be. the stuff I've seen is expensive and not very clear.

Just curious if they make a rigid acrylic mesh as opposed to the netting? Like a wafer style totally flat/solid and uniform sheet.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's referring to a specific type of rigid plastic netting. I'm guessing it would be similar to the stuff found at craft stores. it's also used in media reactors.

It would eventually bow acrylic bows if its only on the edge it will be fine but if you put any cross braces they will bow

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I first started using rubber spline 7 years ago. then I got a lot of requests for clear screws. now it's trending back to the spline.

Its not acrylic its thin polycarbonate (fancy word for plastic) its the stuff brs sells for like 13$ its stretched out using teflon or plastic screws that are drilled into the acrylic frame that they custom cut to fit your tank

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's referring to a specific type of rigid plastic netting. I'm guessing it would be similar to the stuff found at craft stores. it's also used in media reactors.

How would light penetrate
thats why i thought it was making acrylic into a grid sort of like a transparent diffuser (stuff we use as cheap frag racks)
The only other stuff i can think of is plastic chicken wire the flat plastic netting but that's not transparent and wouldn't look good

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back