AquaCave

x19

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone! I’m excited to be coming back to the hobby with this Reef Octopus Lux T90. Just under a decade ago I had a custom 75 gallon cube, but after a non-aquarium related plumbing disaster that left the tank in poor shape I broke things down and sold it off.

B5504BBB-4581-45B3-9953-5C65F1A46676.jpeg

My goal with this new tank is to move slow, generally do things right the first time, and try to resist constant upgrades to every component (including the tank itself).

After leak testing, aquascaping, and then waiting nearly a week for the water to clear after adding Ocean Direct special grade I started my MicroBacter enhanced cycle today.

After leak testing, aquascaping, and then waiting nearly a week for the water to clear after adding Ocean Direct special grade I started my MicroBacter enhanced cycle today.

F40A2077-F5F4-4AB2-8DA3-FEE016D3E83E.jpeg

Even with the potentially shortened cycle I’m planning to move slow. The first two fish, ORA Snowflake Clowns, should arrive in about a week and a half and will spend a minimum of 30 days in quarantine before moving in.

All in all, I’m excited to be back and get started.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
x19

x19

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Lights added, 2x Radion XR15 Pro G5. Pity they’ll spend most of their time turned off for a while.

DBFA72EB-4A46-46E6-82B1-0870C334307E.jpeg

1 week into my cycle with MicroBacter StartXLM and QuickCycle (1.5 ppm Ammonia, .2 Nitrite, and 2 Nitrate). Even with the accelerated cycle I won’t have fish in here for a while, as I’ll be quarantining them first.

Quarantine tank is also setup and cycling for my first fish - some ORA Snowflake Clowns on order at my LFS. Gotta say, hard to tell what the proper approach for QT is as there is a ton of disagreement on R2R. Going to follow the pinned method from @Brew12 in the “new to reefing” forum. I’m not exactly new, but it’s been away long enough that it feels like I am.

Last edited:

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

AquaCave

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 229 45.6%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 112 22.3%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 66 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.6%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer