Octo Strong Nori Cage™

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nori-cage-lg-med-01.jpg

One of the biggest issues with other manufacturers out there is their puny magnets and suction cups that are simply laughable. That’s why years ago I created the highest performing magnet pods on the market. These are hand assembled using the most powerful magnet available. You may see other companies copy my style, but they’re never the same.

I was the first one to produce this type of nori feeding device, utilizing high powered magnets.
Large - Approx 5" x 5"
Medium - Approx 3.5" x 4.5"

I use N52 neodymium magnets. Rare earth magnets are not reef safe on their own, so I fabricate custom acrylic pods that encapsulate the magnets and keep them away from your water. Please visit the magnet warning page for more information on these magnets.

Order HERE.

Last edited:

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show some photos with nori in it? How tightly is it held in there? Can you show a side/profile photo with the nori in it? My issue is that my fish are able to yank the nori out of the holes of the holder unless the holder is clamped really tight.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish able to get all the nori out or are there pieces left behind behind the acrylic? I just bought one of your clips an may want to grab one of these as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show some photos with nori in it? How tightly is it held in there? Can you show a side/profile photo with the nori in it? My issue is that my fish are able to yank the nori out of the holes of the holder unless the holder is clamped really tight.

Are the fish able to get all the nori out or are there pieces left behind behind the acrylic? I just bought one of your clips an may want to grab one of these as well

i do not have any photos at this time, sorry! using the two thumbscrews you control how tight you want the nori held into place. keep in mind the screws are only at the top and bottom. can fish rip the nori clean out of the cage? maybe and maybe not - just depends on your fish and how tight the screws are. unfortunately, i don't own any fish that eat nori so i'm unable to test specifics and each fish can have different feeding habits.

i did test it with a piece of notebook paper and it’s very hard for me to remove it with the thumbscrews tightened.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4474.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back