October Club Meeting

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post a reminder about our meeting next Sunday at 6p.

As we posted in the September Meeting thread we shifted our schedule back to accommodate our visit from Irma.

This meeting will be held at Brandon's ( @G8rNation ) so please contact one of us through pm or at the shop for his address.

He will be demonstrating how he frags zoas as well as showing us the set up he has for his display tank.

Since we have had a few people ask, we do not want to post everyone's address online, which is why have chosen to post contact information by indicating who is hosting the meeting so they can be contacted directly. We felt this was the best practice to protect our members' privacy.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you all know more people in the area that use R2R please help us promote by tagging them in our meeting threads.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking forward to seeing Brandon's tank. I'm not into the zoas/shrooms much anymore, but from some pics he's shown me previously this will be a really cool tank to see.

-Ed

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know that there was an active local group on here... If the group is open, can you start tagging me on these?

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@S-t-r-e-t-c-h of course!

We meet monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 6p. We rotate the locations and topics. This Sunday we will be meeting at Brandon's. If you want to join us, pm for the address.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thank you to everyone who came out this evening. We hope that everyone enjoyed visiting and seeing Brandon's tank (and maybe let with a little something) to see his set up and methods for fragging soft corals. I wanted to upload some photos from the evening for everyone to see. If you took some yourself please feel free to share as well.
IMG_20171001_191014.jpg

Ed (@acro-ed ) chatting with Derek about dKH values and dosing.
IMG_20171001_192910.jpg
Brandon (@G8rNation ) showing fellow ORC members how to frag zoas out of a display. @Gator2019 spectating
IMG_20171001_194115.jpg

Brandon discussing the corals, fish, and equipment of his Reefer 350. (sorry for your eyes being shut in the photo Brandon - still like the shot though)
IMG_20171001_192823.jpg

Brandon demonstrating removing excess Green Star Polyps (GSP) from the back wall - very simple, all you need is a razor blade.

Last edited:

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks, Brandon for hosting the meeting and for the pizza! Glad to see your tank is recovering nicely after the hurricane. It was nice meeting everyone.

-Ed

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone who made the trip. I enjoyed meeting the newer people to the group and seeing the regulars. Looking forward to next month at Eds!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back