Octopus Skimmer going nuts all of a sudden

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Hump Day!

All of a sudden my skimmer is producing more bubbles then i could every picture.

Nothing has changed ( water level the same, everything )

I have it in the sump on, with collection cup off. The airline was never touched either and i have it dialed in on the lowest setting.

Only thing that changed was i cleaned inside the skimmer body, but that shouldn't cause this right?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All of a sudden my skimmer is producing more bubbles then i could every picture.

I have it in the sump on, with collection cup off. The airline was never touched either and i have it dialed in on the lowest setting.

Only thing that changed was i cleaned inside the skimmer body, but that shouldn't cause this right?
You answered your own question.......the only thing that changed is you cleaned the body. That will definitely cause it...doesn't take much to throw skimmers off balance. It will correct itself.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you talking more bubbles in the skimmer body or micro bubbles out of the discharge tube? I am assuming in the skimmer body since you removed the collection cup. I have a Reef Octopus Elite 220 INT and when I clean it I actually see a lowering of the air bubbles/foam in the skimmer body and more micro bubbles at the discharge for a few hours which for my skimmer seems to be normal since it happens every time.

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You answered your own question.......the only thing that changed is you cleaned the body. That will definitely cause it...doesn't take much to throw skimmers off balance. It will correct itself.

OK awesome, ill just let it run for a few days with no cup no and go from their.

Back