# of clownfish in 20 gal AIO

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns in my biocube 29, and that's the most I'd do. they were previously in a biocube 14 and that was too small imo

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All clowns are dwarf when their babies. Please take the advice and don't go with more than 2 unless you just like to see animals kill each other
Oh I was told they were nano clowns and would stay small

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many different species of clownfish some smaller and some larger but the real problem is that they are very territorial and in this small tank the bioload may work out but the territorial aggression will most likely result in the deaths of all but 2 if OP adds any more than 2.

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many different species of clownfish some smaller and some larger but the real problem is that they are very territorial and in this small tank the bioload may work out but the territorial aggression will most likely result in the deaths of all but 2 if OP adds any more than 2.
Now I'm worried. I have a large snowflake, medium ocellaris and that nano clown in my 55. They all seem to be best friends though. The larger ones are paired.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep jilly, i would look for aggression in the future as the paired 2 will most likely kill the smaller one. There are stubby clowns but i think it has to do with missing a vertebrate or something and i havent seen them in a while, nor does it being smaller mean you can have more of them. I also dont think we should necessarily be breeding these types as it might be more of a deformity that could effect breeding or lifespan (im not positive on this though)

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm worried. I have a large snowflake, medium ocellaris and that nano clown in my 55. They all seem to be best friends though. The larger ones are paired.
do you have a picture im wondering if its a clown goby

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a picture im wondering if its a clown goby
He is more red/orange than the other clowns. He's at the top, that's how they hang out normally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-000936_Motion photo viewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-000936_Motion photo viewer.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 45

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a regular clown looks like to me. No dwarfs or nanos. They all grow to 5" eventually. When they mature and the sex of the fish settles they will become territorial and start fighting maybe. You could get nems but that would prob raise the aggression and territory issues.
Clownfish are actually damsel fish.
Hths. Urs are cute and look good. Lol
D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back