Offically Crashed Tank with NoPoX, almost all fish died...Add new live rock?

Cfellini91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank going on 4 years. I almost crashed it a couple months back but brought it back from the dead.
This week I accidentally dosed too much NoPoX and yesterday discovered all except one of my clowns died. I killed my green clown goby, platinum clown, hawk fish, and six line wrasse. I am in the process of doing a 80% W.C. My clown in QT recovering, I am not sure she will pull through. The algae is pretty bad in my tank and my rocks look awful. I made the switch to a fish only tank not in the spring and I lost all coralline algae. Should I start dosing calcium in the tank to regrow coralline? My rocks are shot so I was going to replace one with a bleached rock I picked up at the LFS. Am I ok to start cycling this and add my clown back next week? Should I spray another of my rocks with H2o2, or dip them? I don't want to how to proceed forward. I havent check my parameters yet. I am going to finish the WC tomorrow before I do.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank going on 4 years. I almost crashed it a couple months back but brought it back from the dead.
This week I accidentally dosed too much NoPoX and yesterday discovered all except one of my clowns died. I killed my green clown goby, platinum clown, hawk fish, and six line wrasse. I am in the process of doing a 80% W.C. My clown in QT recovering, I am not sure she will pull through. The algae is pretty bad in my tank and my rocks look awful. I made the switch to a fish only tank not in the spring and I lost all coralline algae. Should I start dosing calcium in the tank to regrow coralline? My rocks are shot so I was going to replace one with a bleached rock I picked up at the LFS. Am I ok to start cycling this and add my clown back next week? Should I spray another of my rocks with H2o2, or dip them? I don't want to how to proceed forward. I havent check my parameters yet. I am going to finish the WC tomorrow before I do.
So sorry to hear about your troubles. But why do you say your rocks are "shot"?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I start dosing calcium in the tank to regrow coralline?
Yes starting dosing to get calc up to around 500ppm then let it dropped down

Am I ok to start cycling this and add my clown back next week?
I would add your clowns back a day after the WC

Should I spray another of my rocks with H2o2, or dip them?
Both. I would also research dosing H2O2 daily

I am going to finish the WC tomorrow before I do.
I wouldnt save any of the water and do as close to a 100% as possible

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back