Official 2020 Carolina Reef Experience Trade Show Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are almost out of booth spaces for the October 24th 2020 trade show. We are excited to announce that Ecotech Marine / Aqua Illumination will be back to our show this year. We will also have some new vendors attending. A few mentions - Unique Corals, JamRock Corals, Central Pet, Elite Aquatics and more to come. VIP tickets and regular tickets are now available for purchase from the website.

Joseph Caparatta will our guest speaker at the event.

Joe-small-headshot1-200x200.jpg

Joseph Caparatta Bio
Joe has been in the aquarium industry since 1987 where he worked since a young teenager caring for the tropical fish department in a local Long Island, New York pet store. He started maintaining his first private aquarium account in 1989 and eventually built this small business into a large aquarium installation and service company in NYC. Founded in 2005, Manhattan Aquariums is still under the ownership and care of Joe and is a premiere destination in NYC on the West side. Joe also owns and operates both Unique Corals and Triton-US in sunny California where is lives with his wife and 2 young boys. He also co-owns MarcoRocks, a leading dry rock supplier based out of Homestead Florida.

His newest venture took him to the Solomon Islands in 2018 where he partnered with Tim Kelley to develop his own supply chain of corals from the Coral Triangle. “After Indonesian exports shut down in May of 2018 I saw a real need to control my source of corals directly from the ocean and ocean farms.” The added goal of this venture was to create a fully sustainable local business model that can serve as a leading example for villages to emulate around the world. By creating an industry to meet the growing demand for corals through mari-cultured farming, a true balance can be achieved that helps increase the quality of life for local villagers. Joe can often be seen speaking at reef clubs and conferences around the US, sharing his passion for this industry as well as his wisdom learned from running several businesses in some of the most challenging cities.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More VIP ticket news. A special thanks to Fritz Aquatics for contributing 100 pairs of UV Coral Glasses! One pair will be included in every VIP bag. Tickets on sale for the October 24th show.

fritz_coral_glasses_3.jpg fritzglasses.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to commit to it, as I really enjoyed last years event, but with everything cancelling due to Covid, what are the possibilities of this being cancelled?

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to commit to it, as I really enjoyed last years event, but with everything cancelling due to Covid, what are the possibilities of this being cancelled?
We have been talking to a lot of local customers and everyone is excited about coming. Kids are going back to school soon, sports are starting back up and the event center where we are hosting the show has been pretty steady with other events. I think we will be fine.

If masks work then why not have it? We will have had more walk-in retail customers this month than we have ever had for the month of July. I think people are tired of being cooped up and everyone coming into our shop is wearing a mask.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you missed it, we have decided to cancel the 2020 show due to the Covid-19 and we have already set the date for the 2021 show. It was a tough call but it's better to be safe.

The 2021 show will take place on November 6th.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back