***** OFFICIAL BATTLECORALS GROW-OUT CONTEST 2022 SIGN-UP (2) *****

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. My plan is to start contacting you contestants later this week. Still need to lock in the sticker/shirt image which we’ll wrap up as well and then I’ll need to get all that done and made up before anything ships.

So, once all the frag orders are complete well start setting up shipping for sure. Probably the first and second week in October.

so, if you are locked into this contest please look out for a pm from me here on R2R sometime this week. Wed-Friday most likely. And we’ll get this thing up and rolling.
I am locked in for this contest but I am about to get smacked by this hurricane and there is a possibility I may not have a reef tank after tomorrow, I will let you know ASAP in the event I have to drop out so my spot can be filled. Really hoping that’s not the case.

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am locked in for this contest but I am about to get smacked by this hurricane and there is a possibility I may not have a reef tank after tomorrow, I will let you know ASAP in the event I have to drop out so my spot can be filled. Really hoping that’s not the case.
Be safe!

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine made it through Irma. No power for 3 days. No losses. Let me know if you have questions. It can be done. :)

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine made it through Irma. No power for 3 days. No losses. Let me know if you have questions. It can be done. :)
I got through Irma with my old tank with no losses also and was much less prepared, I’m more concerned with surge on this storm. There’s not a whole lot more I can do though at this point though, have my house ready with a generator, sandbags for doors, and about to board windows.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got through Irma with my old tank with no losses also and was much less prepared, I’m more concerned with surge on this storm. There’s not a whole lot more I can do though at this point though, have my house ready with a generator, sandbags for doors, and about to board windows.

Latest track seems to be further south of Tampa. Hope so for your sake and hope those in the path are safe. Predictions in my area are for a 2-4 foot surge.

Best of luck to all.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe I missed this. When will the next grow contest be?
My best guess is not likely for a while. We have the blood bank one going on right now and then we have this one that’s getting ready to start. I would imagine not til one or both ar completed

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My best guess is not likely for a while. We have the blood bank one going on right now and then we have this one that’s getting ready to start. I would imagine not til one or both ar completed
Right. We seem to do pretty well with 2-4 individual contests a year at most. It’s mostly up to whoever decides they’d like to officially organize and spearhead the actual contest. My role is minimal by comparison. But I’ll gladly stay on board as long as there is interest to keep doing them.

And I do think we have gotten better at streamlining the whole thing over the years though. The first couple Years were a little chaotic but lately they have gone pretty smooth id say.

Ultimately, someone has to step up and say “I’ll do it” and take the reigns. And we’ll do it. That’s the first step every time:) and to anyone thinking about it. I’m sure myself and Previous contest organizers can definitely lend some insight into what works and what doesn’t, and sone general guidance. So you won’t exactly be alone, but as anyone who has ran one in the past could tell you, it can be a lot work. And at times pretty thankless. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please keep an eye out for a message from Adam @Battlecorals in the next few weeks on instructions on ordering!!!!

1. @Jason Hieger
2. @BranchingHammer
3. @prcardinal91
4. @Dreamin_Reefer
5. @Chris Spaulding
6. @SamMule
7. @Dierks
8. @PapaPat
9. @CrunchyBananas
10. @Nburg
11. @lestat45559
12. @jwwoodjr
13. @Zaven D
14. @Obdoc63
15. @Ancient Mariner
16. @mackdave
17. @fowler279
18. @Andyf30
19. @CaptPatrick
20. @EricGRIT09
21. @Redfoxtang
22. @StilesReef
23. @am3gross
24. @Chee-tomorpha
25. @Flux Capacitor
26. @SpikeB
27. @100gallonreefer
28. @Enchanted Reefs
29. @dustinc
30. @Betex
31. @Wiskey
32. @Tuan Vu
33. @AKG
34. @Coling
35. @chrisjj625

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to getting started! Is there a specific ruler everyone is using? I don’t think I have one.
A lot of people (myself included) in the Blood Bank contest have clear rulers (mines a 58¢ one from Walmart) but they don’t always work the best. I’d probably use a high contrast ruler (like a white, yellow, or orange with dark markings) for future use. Any ruler should work as long as the markings are readable

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people (myself included) in the Blood Bank contest have clear rulers (mines a 58¢ one from Walmart) but they don’t always work the best. I’d probably use a high contrast ruler (like a white, yellow, or orange with dark markings) for future use. Any ruler should work as long as the markings are readable
Sounded like s illy question I know but I wasn’t sure how strict the rules are here lol. I was thinking a solid color would be best as well thanks.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounded like s illy question I know but I wasn’t sure how strict the rules are here lol. I was thinking a solid color would be best as well thanks.
I am working on getting a custom ruler made just for these contests but I wasn’t even close to getting it done in time for this one unfortunately. But I am absolutely on this.

future contests with any luck will have a specialized “bc grow out ruler” that you’ll get along with your frag. :)

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re good! You aren’t the only one who has asked that

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, i have sent everyone but one person a message here with details on getting your contest frag.

@jwwoodjr for some reason there was no button to "start a conversation" with you. not Sure if it's just a quirk or if its turned off on your end or something but if you are still interested, please shoot me a PM or email and ill send over the detail.

And to anyone else that hasn't heard from me who is on the list, check your inbox and if its empty, shoot me a message here and ill get you set up

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i have sent everyone but one person a message here with details on getting your contest frag.

@jwwoodjr for some reason there was no button to "start a conversation" with you. not Sure if it's just a quirk or if its turned off on your end or something but if you are still interested, please shoot me a PM or email and ill send over the detail.

And to anyone else that hasn't heard from me who is on the list, check your inbox and if its empty, shoot me a message here and ill get you set up
Hi Adam (or @lynn.reef.nerd )

Is there a deadline for when to pay for the frag? Definitely want in! But just want to take care of a bill or two first!

Thanks,

Andy

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 11.1%
Back