Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another terrible submission pic for July. I really did put this one in a horrible spot for photos...
BC bonfire.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July entry. Starting to branch out.It's done with the staging part. Time tom take off!
It's hard to hold the ruler and focus the camera by yourself so I added a better pic also.
PXL_20210725_125113363.jpg
PXL_20210725_124930315.jpg
Looking good. I too have trouble getting pics with just two hands. I generally have to enlist the help of another family member to shoot it.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty nice polyp extension. I get virtually none. Anybody got a Bonfire with even more fur?
Check it when the lights go out. Daytime PE is not necessarily a sign of success. Other things come into play. His is just content during daytime.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I ended up upgrading to a bigger tank and transferred all fish and corals two weeks ago. Lost a few acros though. Luckily, Bonfire never skipped a beat! It is happy with great PE. :)

July Entry:

45821A4A-7E43-4F03-BFBA-4F3DD1361D18.jpeg
F2A6EFC2-2AB5-4BEE-931C-82A788AD3A34.jpeg

Sorry for the blurry top pic. I didn’t turn off the flow.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, major changes in my tank to prepare for a 2-week vacation next month. I quit the Reefer's Moonshine and Tropic Marin Balling and switched to TM All-for-Reef so that the tank-sitter only has to keep one container full on my doser. The transition went smoothly so far. My son will be taking care of the tank, but I think we all know that Murphy's Law will actually be calling the shots! On my last vacation, the central air went out and I came home to a 92 degree tank full of hair algae and Dino's. I only lost 3 newer acro frags fortunately.

Here's my July pic:

1D2C16D0-A838-4766-B43A-CF6B864578F8.jpeg

And a pic back in the water:

C9D39EE2-B601-4F6B-95F4-5BEBA12E06D4.jpeg

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s frags look amazing. Wish I could say the same. Lost the majority of my acros including my bonfire within a week. Pretty crushed, but trying to stay positive. I’ll use this thread as inspiration as I try to rebuild. Hope everyone is having a good summer!

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s frags look amazing. Wish I could say the same. Lost the majority of my acros including my bonfire within a week. Pretty crushed, but trying to stay positive. I’ll use this thread as inspiration as I try to rebuild. Hope everyone is having a good summer!
That sucks! I'm sorry for the losses. I too lost a couple of acros this month and several others are severely damaged, but luckily the bonfire wasn't one of them. It got a little damaged at the tips, but it healed within a few days and is growing and looking better than ever. Contact me at the end of this and I'll send you a frag for free as long as you pay for shipping (providing it's still alive and doing well then).

The tank wasn't looking great after my last update. I sent in an icp test, but I didn't wait for the results before I did a water change. I knew something was wrong, but I just wanted to know what. Turns out I had tin and aluminum. I have no clue where it's coming from. My last test said the same thing, which I sent in for the same reason. I've checked all potential causes and everything looks good, so I'm at a loss. It might be leaching from the plumbing, which could make sense, but the tank has been running for over a year now. I'll have to stick with biweekly water changes until it either disappears or I figure out what's going on. I always rinse my arms with hot water for several minutes before putting it in the tank and I have a 200gpd 7 stage rodi filter, so I don't think it's from that either. No rusted metals near the tank from what I can see. If any of you have had heavy metals in your tanks that seemingly came out of nowhere, did you ever find out what the cause was?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back