Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
606AB3FA-D671-460E-8E30-93A22CEBDABF.jpeg
F5F281E2-EC52-4F1E-8EB8-EA971C027BE7.jpeg
Dec entry

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update! Interestingly, I've had absolutely zero growth over the month. However, my other acros have all exploded in growth and color. I think my issue over the past few months has been low nutrients, both my phosphate & nitrate were zeroed out! My algae problem had been leeching the nutrients from the water and stunted the growth of the Bonfire and my Pink Cadilliac, but nothing else. Currently extracting algae right now, so hopefully I'll be able to return the nutrients to normal soon. I
m amazed by some of the growth y'all are getting! Keep it up!
IMG_3018.JPG IMG_3020.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..... I'm wondering how many are left here?
I'm counting 12 that entered this month.
Might be a few are using this month as a skip month?
So...15-18 left? That's a small amount from when it started.
I am definitely out. I left it alone for a while, hoping (not really believing) it was just bleached and might rally, but nah. The flesh was gone.

April is coming! Happy New Year everyone. Good luck!

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it definitely looks like several had their second missed picture this month based on the last couple of months. :( Don't know about the others.

Hope everyone has a great new year!

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is definitely on its way out. I clipped both tips that had some algae. One healed and the other is stn… what sucks is my other bonfire is almost a year old and looks like it could’ve been a front runner in the competition… Goodluck everyone and Happy New Year! I’ll keep an eye out for future competitions!
9061971A-BE38-4E16-BE99-C34220EC5E68.jpeg
F87B37BB-79AB-4A89-9287-1AF1F587A78B.jpeg

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If I counted right, it looks like we started with about 42. I hope everyone that’s in it still continues having good luck with theirs!

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@The Camaro Show, aren't you one of the people out for missing more than one month?

You posted your July picture on August 1, and did not post an August picture. That makes two misses.

Then you posted your October picture on November 1. That is three misses.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems these things kinda go the way of the honest system.
Haven't heard from Branchinghammer or Adam in quite a bit.
Lets let them deal with all that.
It’s pretty easy to see if someone posted on time or not. I don’t see how the honor system applies here. If it was a true honor system, then there would be no need for pictures, we would all just tell each other how much our coral grew and the one with the most stated growth at the end would be the winner.

Right now, it looks like a race between you, @Kattkrazie, and @ReefBeta to me.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty easy to see if someone posted on time or not. I don’t see how the honor system applies here. If it was a true honor system, then there would be no need for pictures, we would all just tell each other how much our coral grew and the one with the most stated growth at the end would be the winner.

Right now, it looks like a race between you, @Kattkrazie, and @ReefBeta to me.
I was in last year's grow out. The end came and no one acknowledged a winner until someone asked about it. Branchinghammer started this. He should be monitoring it. It is his job.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@The Camaro Show, aren't you one of the people out for missing more than one month?

You posted your July picture on August 1, and did not post an August picture. That makes two misses.

Then you posted your October picture on November 1. That is three misses.
Sorry, I admit I fell asleep and posted my picture early in the morning and I used My skip one month . My pictures where always taken during the month required. I’m also pretty sure that only happened once though. Lots more people then me later then me and missing months. I have not been told by Adam or Branching Hammer that I’m out. I personally feel as long as you get a picture in a reasonable time it’s okay, I understand wanting to wait till the end of the month and life gets busy. Every Grow out contest is the same, people post late people forget people don’t post for months then someone points it out and try’s to get them out. It’s the same thing. Just post your coral picture and let’s see how it did that month that’s what matters. Posting something after midnight shouldn’t disqualify you as it’s been happening for years. Maybe we need to go back through every single person and check their post time and date because there’s many more then just me. My frags still kicking and thats what should matter. With the amount of coral I buy every month a battlebox is nice but isn’t going to make the difference to me nor should we get so into if the winner deserves it and followed all the rules. I did this for fun as I rarely grow out for pleasure.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back