Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then here we are with no one in charge. Kinda messed up in my opinion.
Why would someone start something like this and then just drop out?
Pretty sure it happened in the last grow out also.
At this rate Adam probably won't agree to another one.

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s disappointing that someone would organize this and then completely abandon it. I think we’re fine though. It has been fun for me.

Maybe at the end, if we just compile the first and last photos of the remaining contestants, someone can reach out to Adam and see if he still wants to declare winners. If not, it’s still been fun and I’m happy to have a healthy piece that is really starting to look nice.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then here we are with no one in charge. Kinda messed up in my opinion.
Why would someone start something like this and then just drop out?
Pretty sure it happened in the last grow out also.
At this rate Adam probably won't agree to another one.
I won't blame anyone for this. It's all volunteering work. Plenty of work, no compensation, all powered by the sheer passion, vulnerable to burn out.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't blame anyone for this. It's all volunteering work. Plenty of work, no compensation, all powered by the sheer passion, vulnerable to burn out.
The thing is that person knew it going into it.
It's all still about completing ones responsibilities.
But that seems to be the world these days. Oh well.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is that person knew it going into it.
It's all still about completing ones responsibilities.
But that seems to be the world these days. Oh well.
Responsibility? Maybe, a bit stretch, not really. I take that as courtesy, appreciated when it's presented, but won't demand it when it's not.
That person going in assuming his/her passion is enough to power through the work. Over estimate ones passionateness and under estimate of the work involved, both sound quite familiar, don't they? To be fair, this thread is not the easiest to organize and drive alignment. No one in charge might not be a bad idea.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Responsibility? Maybe, a bit stretch, not really. I take that as courtesy, appreciated when it's presented, but won't demand it when it's not.
That person going in assuming his/her passion is enough to power through the work. Over estimate ones passionateness and under estimate of the work involved, both sound quite familiar, don't they? To be fair, this thread is not the easiest to organize and drive alignment. No one in charge might not be a bad idea.
Passion???? His frag died and he bailed.
Others had frags die and we've heard more from them on here since. @ScottB for one. He's still on here and involved along with others.
I was in one of these previously. Lost my frag, but I often checked in to see what was happening.

How much work is involved by checking in once a month and saying great job, frags look good?
But I guess that could be kinda hard to "power" through.
It seems to run on its own for the most part.
It's been fun to be in.
We have a good group of people in this thing. It could fall apart otherwise.

Last edited:

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life got in the way and I missed about 8 months worth of posts so I’m out of the competition, but just for fun posting a pic of my frag. About 4 months ago it started to bleach, but it’s bounced back nicely since and is starting to get some red/oranges on the tip.

CDE0CAF9-4B8D-4641-8439-CFBFDCD9A76C.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life got in the way and I missed about 8 months worth of posts so I’m out of the competition, but just for fun posting a pic of my frag. About 4 months ago it started to bleach, but it’s bounced back nicely since and is starting to get some red/oranges on the tip.

CDE0CAF9-4B8D-4641-8439-CFBFDCD9A76C.jpeg
Nice recovery!

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Passion???? His frag died and he bailed.
Others had frags die and we've heard more from them on here since. @ScottB for one. He's still on here and involved along with others.
I was in one of these previously. Lost my frag, but I often checked in to see what was happening.

How much work is involved by checking in once a month and saying great job, frags look good?
But I guess that could be kinda hard to "power" through.
It seems to run on its own for the most part.
It's been fun to be in.
We have a good group of people in this thing. It could fall apart otherwise.
Didn't know that, or much else happening in this thread to be honest. I baited R2R for quite a long while now, moved my build thread too. I really only come here like once a month to update this thread. I'm around here more this last couple day because of the Vibrant mayhem. The last time I remember was the furious discussion on disqualifying rules. Did we land on anywhere? I didn't follow through, too much to handle. I'm just glad I don't need to run this, just casually tagging alone. Whoever running this, or had run this, have all my sincere thanks.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's so weird. Yours is growing up, while everyone else is growing out.

You sure you got the right coral?
Hahaha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back