Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... No one started a new contest either

That is true. All I am saying is that your post was supported by 8 others. Considering only 7-10 made it to the end, this may have been taken as popular support to call it a tie, and maybe someone would start another contest.

Do we want a winner declared with the prizes?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true. All I am saying is that your post was supported by 8 others. Considering only 7-10 made it to the end, this may have been taken as popular support to call it a tie, and maybe someone would start another contest.

Do we want a winner declared with the prizes?
Those posts were to "lighten" things up...a little fun. You take things a little too serious.
We started this as a contest with rules and responsibilities. So... How does a person's post change the rules? It seems everyone had a little fun with that and that's all it was.
Now..... We all had rules to follow, which we did. But it seems a certain person that started this contest and made the rules isn't following through on his part. Leaving everyone that's involved in the contest wondering about what's happening. Again......

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those posts were to "lighten" things up...a little fun. You take things a little too serious.
We started this as a contest with rules and responsibilities. So... How does a person's post change the rules? It seems everyone had a little fun with that and that's all it was.
Now..... We all had rules to follow, which we did. But it seems a certain person that started this contest and made the rules isn't following through on his part. Leaving everyone that's involved in the contest wondering about what's happening. Again......

I find the irony in your post humorous. Now you care about rules!

Have you tried to PM @BranchingHammer or @Battlecorals? Maybe they would help.

Again, all I was saying is that your post and the likes and other comments may have been seen as a group consensus that a tie was ok. Don't be so serious yourself :D !!!

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the irony in your post humorous. Now you care about rules!

Have you tried to PM @BranchingHammer or @Battlecorals? Maybe they would help.

Again, all I was saying is that your post and the likes and other comments may have been seen as a group consensus that a tie was ok. Don't be so serious yourself :D !!!
Rules are in place to prevent chaos from happening. Rules get stretched by everyone. How many people do you see running red lights and going above the speed limit?
Even the ones that enforce the rules don't play by them.
I followed the rules here. I didn't try to get anybody disqualified here for stretching the rules.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should there be another contest, I will be happy to host. I am sure @BranchingHammer had all great intentions, but perhaps something in life became more important, we should all pause, and take this into consideration. As an outsider, why not have all remaining contestants agree to prolonging the contest for 3 more months? Heck, I am happy to moderate for that too. Adam has killer corals, runs an awesome business, and is well respected in the sps world. It would be unfortunate to have this contest end on a sour note, personally, @Battlecorals deserves a better vibe. After all, Adam didn't have to participate either. I gave up my spot to @SawCJack00 and good thing for me, as I had personal issues that were way more pressing than reefing last year. However, I would like to help out, if the contest community would like. The ultimate goal is to have fun, I know I will definitely enter the next one, if there is a next one ;)
Cheers

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not getting on Branchinghammer per say. He tried and for that I give him credit. He knew he couldn't follow through at some point along the way. He should have found someone to run it after that. I'm sure someone would have stepped up here.
His inability has made it unfair to the people that stuck with this till the end. Again leaving us to wonder and try to figure it all out by ourselves. This is my point!
I was in the last contest. Lost my frog early. I sort of followed along with it after that. The end got like this one where no one knew who won. So....as far as getting in another one? I'd have reservations about doing so again.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rules are in place to prevent chaos from happening. Rules get stretched by everyone. How many people do you see running red lights and going above the speed limit?
Even the ones that enforce the rules don't play by them.
I followed the rules here. I didn't try to get anybody disqualified here for stretching the rules.

Bwahaha, you are funny! I would love to see that argument in court. "Well your Honor, I didn't break the law when I ran that red light, I was just stretching the law. Everybody does it."

I don't know why you are getting so bent over my original post. All I said was that it may have come across as we were all ok with declaring the contest a tie. I never said that I agreed with it, and didn't "like" your post for that very reason.

I agree with @Perry, this isn't something that Adam should be caught in the middle of. He asked about a list of the remaining contestants and the possibility of voting for a winner. After that, in your attempt to lighten the mood, you said it should be a tie.

There are 8 of us left in the contest that have followed all of the rules and posted on time. I have already asked the question "Do we want winner and prizes awarded?" So far, only you have answered yes and received two likes on your answer.

So, the way I see it is we can either give @BranchingHammer a little more time to finish this contest, or the remaining 8 can agree to let someone else call the end. I think @Perry is a great choice since they don't have a dog in the contest and they offered. We can then either ask Adan to pick a winner or go with his suggestion of a vote.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bwahaha, you are funny! I would love to see that argument in court. "Well your Honor, I didn't break the law when I ran that red light, I was just stretching the law. Everybody does it."

I don't know why you are getting so bent over my original post. All I said was that it may have come across as we were all ok with declaring the contest a tie. I never said that I agreed with it, and didn't "like" your post for that very reason.

I agree with @Perry, this isn't something that Adam should be caught in the middle of. He asked about a list of the remaining contestants and the possibility of voting for a winner. After that, in your attempt to lighten the mood, you said it should be a tie.

There are 8 of us left in the contest that have followed all of the rules and posted on time. I have already asked the question "Do we want winner and prizes awarded?" So far, only you have answered yes and received two likes on your answer.

So, the way I see it is we can either give @BranchingHammer a little more time to finish this contest, or the remaining 8 can agree to let someone else call the end. I think @Perry is a great choice since they don't have a dog in the contest and they offered. We can then either ask Adan to pick a winner or go with his suggestion of a vote.
THIS is why I'm not on Facebook. Argumentive BS.
It's human nature to bend and break rules. Rules are meant for the other people not them.
You mistook my post as serious and the fact it got liked made you think every one was ok with it.
I really don't care about the like button. You obviously do.
It was needless to even ask the question of "wanting a winner and prizes". It's why we got into this. Along with bragging rights.
I'm done. Let's get this decided and move on. Jeez!

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS is why I'm not on Facebook. Argumentive BS.
It's human nature to bend and break rules. Rules are meant for the other people not them.
You mistook my post as serious and the fact it got liked made you think every one was ok with it.
I really don't care about the like button. You obviously do.
It was needless to even ask the question of "wanting a winner and prizes". It's why we got into this. Along with bragging rights.
I'm done. Let's get this decided and move on. Jeez!
Yet you seem to like to argue. I don’t care about the like button, but it did show support for your statement and no one suggested otherwise. In fact, there was conversation about continuing the contest. Jeez!!

Didn‘t you say you were only in the contest for the fun?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yet you seem to like to argue. I don’t care about the like button, but it did show support for your statement and no one suggested otherwise. In fact, there was conversation about continuing the contest. Jeez!!

Didn‘t you say you were only in the contest for the fun?
It's not my fault no winner had been declared. Stop making it my fault. Go argue with some one else. I'm done. It makes no difference as to why I'm in this contest. It's irrelevant. Lighten up.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not my fault no winner had been declared. Stop making it my fault. Go argue with some one else. I'm done. It makes no difference as to why I'm in this contest. It's irrelevant. Lighten up.
No one is saying it is your fault.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one is saying it is your fault.
You're the one that suggested it. Just like you wanting a person out of the contest for stretching the rules. You seem to push your agenda. I don't like to be pushed. Enough is enough.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're the one that suggested it. Just like you wanting a person out of the contest for stretching the rules. You seem to push your agenda. I don't like to be pushed. Enough is enough.

You really should go see someone about this. SMH.:face-with-rolling-eyes:

Back