Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell I get your stance but I think at this point, Adam should just pick the two winners right? Those were the rules...
That's what should be done..... But who knows if he received the submissions????
It shouldn't take all that long to make a decision.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can post the 7 or 8 (not sure if @Scdell is really pulling himself out) that posted their one year picture on time as well as all of their other pictures if everyone wants. Then, if I missed someone, they can show that they posted on time and followed the rules. Up to you guys.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can post the 7 or 8 (not sure if @Scdell is really pulling himself out) that posted their one year picture on time as well as all of their other pictures if everyone wants. Then, if I missed someone, they can show that they posted on time and followed the rules. Up to you guys.
Y'all do what you want. If I said I'm out then I'm out. I don't need this. I'm satisfied with my progress. That's all I need.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of who I see still in the contest. If you are not on the list and think you should be, please post the date of your final picture and the date of your first picture and the date you received your coral.

@IslandLifeReef
@chopper320
@tbaity1401
@marco fish
@SamMule
@Kattkrazie
@Biggestfish

If no one disagrees with this list, then @Battlecorals can pick the two winners as stated in the contest rules at the start. I think that this list could be final on June 1 to give people time to look at the list. After that time, a winner should be announced. Does that sound ok to everyone?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of who I see still in the contest. If you are not on the list and think you should be, please post the date of your final picture and the date of your first picture and the date you received your coral.

@IslandLifeReef
@chopper320
@tbaity1401
@marco fish
@SamMule
@Kattkrazie
@Biggestfish

If no one disagrees with this list, then @Battlecorals can pick the two winners as stated in the contest rules at the start. I think that this list could be final on June 1 to give people time to look at the list. After that time, a winner should be announced. Does that sound ok to everyone?
I know we've had our differences on here, but I find it quite noble that you stepped up to make this right. Thank you!
I will continue to follow along to the end....Good luck to everyone.
We didn't do this for a year to end up in limbo.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one of you could answer a question for me? I recently received a Bon Dopple in a battle box. I haven’t found any info on this but I would venture to say it’s bonfire doppelgänger or am I way out in left field on this? I also got a sky Dopple which is on the site as a sky parade look a like, hence my thought on the Bon Dopple

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All, I received a response from Adam. He stated that he could pick out the top few from those of us left and then we could vote on the winner. How does that sound. I can understand Adam not wanting to be put in the position of picking a winner. It could be tricky as a business owner. Let me know if we want to vote or if we want Adam to pick the winner with no complaints.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All, I received a response from Adam. He stated that he could pick out the top few from those of us left and then we could vote on the winner. How does that sound. I can understand Adam not wanting to be put in the position of picking a winner. It could be tricky as a business owner. Let me know if we want to vote or if we want Adam to pick the winner with no complaints.
This is another reason I opted out of this. The rules said Adam picks the winner. He's always done it in past contests. Like I said. I'll never get in one of these again. I don't have a dog in this fight anymore. Y'all do what you think is right.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April......contest over. Winner declared.
It's now June..... No winner declared.
Rules not being followed, the person that started all this disappeared without a word.
Who else feels like they wasted their time?????
I doubt there will ever be another @Battlecorals grow out contest again.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
93A9B0F1-4486-4CA3-BBC0-5FEA01B1542B.gif

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I am deeply sorry for the chaos that I have caused in the past two months via lack of communication. This was not my intention when I started this contest a year ago. Even though this was an especially difficult year for me, that is no excuse for the way that I mishandled the contest this spring. No one here deserves any of the radio silence that occurred in this thread towards the end. I know that I can't make up for what has already happened, so I will try my best to work with Adam as we close this contest up so that it ends in a fun light. I really wanted this to be a fun competition, but I overestimated my ability to work this into my schedule this year. I am truly sorry. This is not the type of reputation that I would like to present to anyone, and I'm disappointed in myself to have let this thread and its members down. Thank you to those who were patient during this time, and I apologize to everyone for my lack of communication.

Without further ado, here is the official list of participants who followed the rules and are therefore eligible to win prizes. If you made it onto this list, you are already a winner. Your perseverance and dedication paid off:

@Kattkrazie
@SamMule
@chopper320
@IslandLifeReef
@Scdell
@tbaity1401
@marco fish
@Jason Hieger
@Biggestfish
@ReefBeta (March picture will be judged as final picture because April was their first skip month)

**Attached is the spreadsheet that I created that tracked everyone's progress and eligibility throughout the contest if anyone is interested.**

These final pictures will be sent to Adam @Battlecorals for judging, and the official results will be posted as soon as that process is finished. I apologize again for the delay, but I appreciate everyone's patience. I will be active on the forum in the next week or so if anyone has questions or concerns.

Attachments

• BC Bonfire grow out - Sheet1 (2).pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official photos have been sent to Adam for judging. Results should be released in the next few days. Thank you for your patience.

Just to clarify, Adam will be picking the winners, just as stated in the rules that were initially released a year ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results will be announced soon.... get ready!

I would like to thank everyone for participating in this contest, especially those who stuck it out until the end. The growth was impressive, and I think we all learned something along the way. It takes a lot to set up a contest like this, and I'm so glad that we are finishing it off in a fun light by announcing the prize winners! Good luck to all those eligible for judging!

Lastly, thank you so much to Adam @Battlecorals for being the amazing sponsor of this contest and supporting the reefing community and us stick-heads!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys,

Really sorry for the lag on the final, stretch of this one. Thanks again to everyone who participated! I was really impressed by some of the growth you guys got out of this thing in one year. amazing really. Color too!

And hey sorry for any confusion on getting the winners picked. I could have sworn in the past we all did a final vote/poll for the winner after I picked the top 3 but I am probably wrong on that lol. Either way sorry for any frustrations or confusion on that one. And thanks again for your patience.

The good news is I have chosen the winners and will start a new thread here in just a few to make the official announcement.

keep an eye out for it real soon

Back