Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

This thread will be used for monthly submissions of frag pictures. Please use the discussion thread here to talk about other details of the contest and husbandry items.

Here are the rules of the contest again for those who missed it. Please read them very carefully in order to make sure you are not disqualified from the contest in any way.
1) Competition will last for 1 year (365 days from when you receive your piece)
2) The 1st month submission must be within 3 days of receiving your frag.
3) The last submission must be 365 days from receiving your frag or sooner. NOT later
4) A ruler must be against your frag for every months’ submission picture.
5) A picture must be submitted by the end of the month, every month. You can submit anytime during the month but it must be submitted by the last day of the month. You are allowed to miss 1 month of entries. If you miss more than 1 month you will be disqualified.
6) You can remove the coral from the plug and mount it anywhere that you choose. If placed on a disk it can be moved around the tank.
7) Adam from @Battlecorals will decide the winner based on growth
8) The prize will be based on the number of entries. The prize will be split and will be a gift certificate to Battlecorals. Each piece will pay 1st and 2nd place with a 75/25 split.

Feel free to PM me or @Battlecorals with any questions regarding the contest, or post them in the discussion thread here.

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received 4/8/21. April 2021 entry. Good luck to everyone!
510859EE-57B0-4028-A3DD-464DECAD1E5F.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what you use when you are expecting slow growth? :D I plan on measuring with a yardstick!
A lot can happen in 12 months!

If we were super serious about this (which we are not), we would be measuring the change in displacement versus isolating on a single dimension (height).

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If we were super serious about this (which we are not), we would be measuring the change in displacement versus isolating on a single dimension (height).
That’s not a bad idea. Could have everyone get weights, and also volumes using a graduated cylinder and displacement. Then we could judge on total mass added, total volume added, skeletal density... that would be serious business. Maybe the next growout??

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, I have one Acro that almost grows straight up, great for a contest like this, and then another the looks like a bush.

I'm just excited to get my first BattleCoral. Wish I had room in my tank for a whole box.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back