Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about posting my BC Bonfire entry late y’all, but a family loss caused me to leave town for a few days, but here’s where I placed the corals when I received them on Wednesday 4/14 and I am placing them back in the same place in my frag tank but on 3 x 3 tiles. Let me know if I am disqualified. Here are the before and after shots with my entry submission if allowed to play . Thank you

Attachments

• 6D3538E0-2F6F-4F00-84D4-D4D75C5F3E64.jpeg
    6D3538E0-2F6F-4F00-84D4-D4D75C5F3E64.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 107
  • A132C54A-7076-4939-9F1B-7FBE76340C08.jpeg
    A132C54A-7076-4939-9F1B-7FBE76340C08.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about posting my BC Bonfire entry late y’all, but a family loss caused me to leave town for a few days, but here’s where I placed the corals when I received them on Wednesday 4/14 and I am placing them back in the same place in my frag tank but on 3 x 3 tiles. Let me know if I am disqualified. Here are the before and after shots with my entry submission if allowed to play . Thank you
You are excused from disqualification for extreme circumstances. I’m very sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread during such a hard time. I wish you and you’re family nothing but the best during the coming weeks.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are excused from disqualification for extreme circumstances. I’m very sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread during such a hard time. I wish you and you’re family nothing but the best during the coming weeks.
Thank you very much Brother

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All excited and....
Well not good.
Mine came a day late and the box was wet.
No water in the bag inside the styrofoam box.
This is why I have never ordered online.
Its in my frag system now but it does not look good.
20210421_120314.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bags were a little cool as well as there was no heat pack. It was warm on this coast that particular week so it was nothing extreme. I sumped the bags for a few hours until the light period was lowering and then released them.

I DO NOT DIP the same day. I wait a few days until they settled a little. KCl is my dip.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bags were a little cool as well as there was no heat pack. It was warm on this coast that particular week so it was nothing extreme. I sumped the bags for a few hours until the light period was lowering and then released them.

I DO NOT DIP the same day. I wait a few days until they settled a little. KCl is my dip.
I find cooler water always is better than warn water for corals.

I didn't notice any temperature difference in my bags. Everything was very well packed. It was double bagged and then all of the bags were in a third bag. Best shipping I have seen. I agree with both of you and I too wait a couple of days to dip my frags as long as they pass a thorough visual inspection under magnification.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bags were a little cool when they arrived up here in MT as well. However, as Scdell said, a little cool is fine. I think the key is a long, slow temp acclimation. Only time I ever had an issue, was when frags came in around 50f and I rushed the acclimation.
Honestly, @Battlecorals packaging was the best I've seen yet.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys dip your corals????
LOL just kidding. Mine was a bit cold also but temp acclimated it for quite a bit since I forgot about it. Colder water temp is better than warmer IMO. lost lots of acro frags when water temp was a bit high. Also I have not dipped yet since it is in QT right now. The pic I took was in main display for a few minutes then off it went to QT with the rest of the frags.
Send Adam @Battlecorals a message I'm sure he will take care of you. He's a great guy and dealt with him number of times already

Back