Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May submission
PXL_20210518_052913662.jpg

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May Submission

It’s still on my frag rack, but I will mount it on the rocks very soon. The frag is fully encrusted, got new branches, and has some crazy colors! Nice PE too.

Sorry about the dirty glass lol

164CBE1B-8A47-4277-A7DC-0E69ABE4F6EA.jpeg

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reminder to those who have not submitted their May picture yet, you have until the 31st, so make sure to get it in on time. You can miss one month of entries, but that’s it.

Sorry if the above sentences came off as harsh, I just want to make sure that everyone has a chance at competing for the prize. Also, I don’t about everyone else, but I’m thoroughly enjoying everyone’s pictures and discussion about this contest. Seems like a great group to me!
Good luck everyone!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read 'em and weep boys and girls. Queue the victory music. Can we just call the contest over now?

The HGH steroid baths are really working. Every muscle is sprouting muscles. I am going to move my scrawny little Homewrecker over next to this thing.

April:
IMG-5071 (1).jpg

May:

IMG-5213.jpg

Deephouse_jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read 'em and weep boys and girls. Queue the victory music. Can we just call the contest over now?

The HGH steroid baths are really working. Every muscle is sprouting muscles. I am going to move my scrawny little Homewrecker over next to this thing.

April:
IMG-5071 (1).jpg

May:

IMG-5213.jpg
You ain't lying man. That is chunky!! Good job.

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

April:
IMG-5071 (1).jpg

May:

IMG-5213.jpg
I might as well throw in the towel now.... Good job!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might as well throw in the towel now.... Good job!
Just talking trash while I can. I had to triple check that it is the same coral as I have a few POTO pieces nearby that have similar colors and shape. All my POTOs have dark plugs though. And they are much smaller than Adam's stuff.

Never give up. Every tank is just one boneheaded, beer-soaked mistake away from total collapse.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

April:
IMG-5071 (1).jpg

May:

IMG-5213.jpg
Didn’t you know that your coral must pass a drug test prior to any pictures. And no, you can’t say it was in an ointment given to you by a friend and you didn’t know what was in it.;Happy

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just talking trash while I can. I had to triple check that it is the same coral as I have a few POTO pieces nearby that have similar colors and shape. All my POTOs have dark plugs though. And they are much smaller than Adam's stuff.

Never give up. Every tank is just one boneheaded, beer-soaked mistake away from total collapse.
Oh, now we see, the ol‘ bait and switch, lol.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t you know that your coral must pass a drug test prior to any pictures. And no, you can’t say it as in an ointment given to ou by a friend and you didn’t know what was in it.;Yuck
Don't go canceling my Bonfire!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May submission. Looks like it added about 1/4" I need to mount it in it's permanent home soon.

BC Bonfire May.jpg
Still can't believe @BranchingHammer allowed a professional to get in on our amateur tournament.

Branch?!?! Branch!?!? Are you seeing this?

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can't believe @BranchingHammer allowed a professional to get in on our amateur tournament.

Branch?!?! Branch!?!? Are you seeing this?
You all gave up your amateur status a long time ago! Freakin' digital calipers, what the heck?!... ;Joyful

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all gave up your amateur status a long time ago! Freakin' digital calipers, what the heck?!... ;Joyful
They aren't terribly suitable for this particular purpose, but they are a must have for me. I can hardly see/count 1/8ths much less 16ths of anything anymore. I use it all the time.

Kinda like GPS now. Once you have it, you wonder how you ever managed without it.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

April:
IMG-5071 (1).jpg

May:

IMG-5213.jpg
It's all good. Your's is obviously not mounted yet. 11 months to go.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good. Your's is obviously not mounted yet. 11 months to go.
My display tank is, shall we say, in a transitional state right now. Just trying to be patient with it while it recovers from my wrecking ball. It got super shady. Won't be long though. Walt Disney says the water is fine. A pic from before demolition. I have the space now but the DT is nutrient noisy still.

Right side.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back