Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh well….. tank took a dip and lost 50% of my colonies and the rest are continuing to STN. What caused it? All this time I thought I was dosing amino acid and since Me corals bottles are same for the amino acid and nitrate, i have been dosing nitrate all along because of my stupid mistake. Was already too late when I figured out what happened. Nitrate spiked to 90ppm and to add salt to the wound my CO2 regulator malfunctioned with the dang ph probe and my alk dropped to 5.2dkh. Almost shut down the tank for good.
Anyways, here is my June entry even tho I know it is now a no win situation for me.
D0B07384-C8E9-4FD9-9696-8FA9FD79EB56.jpeg
Oh well...... I am out. Frag totally stn'ed and lost 70% of my colonies. Sad sad day.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 2: July entry
Received May 4th, 2021.

Missed my June entry, whoops. The frag is doing decent though, it's recovering from shipping and colors are coming back. Tank has been majorly neglected as I get ready for a big move in two months. Considering this is on a loose title I'll move it closer to the glass for better shots in the future...

July:
IMG_0769 (3).JPG

Original Entry Photo:
1625776223090.png

From the back side:
IMG_0761 (1).JPG

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my July update, even though it's only been a couple of weeks. Now I'll wait until the end of next month so it looks like there's enormous growth. 20210709_182358.jpg 20210709_182622.jpg 20210709_182514.jpg

Sorry, everyone. I'm still in this one so far.
Nothing to be sorry for. Competition is great! Looking great!

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July 2021 Update. The tank has been going through a ton of issues and I'm shocked this is still alive. Seems like after changing out carbon (hadn't been consistent) quite a bit of my acros started to stn from the tips as is this one... I'm still in the contest at least for this month. Wish me luck!
Bonfire Contest July.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my entry for July! Still seems to be growing onto the rock more than upward, but still healthy.

Last months picture

IMG_0776.JPG

July's picture

IMG_0817.JPG
Looking good growth wise. Could use a little more color. Are your fish constipated? I feel like I am seeing a shortage of fish poo. May just be me. Your thoughts?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good growth wise. Could use a little more color. Are your fish constipated? I feel like I am seeing a shortage of fish poo. May just be me. Your thoughts?

Yeah, the picture doesn't show the color really well and I'm not a fan of using filters. I'll try to get a better picture next time. Nutrients in the tank always stay low and I only run a skimmer. NO3 about 1 ppm and PO4 about 0.02 ppm.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my frag has been training hard this month, sometimes twice a day. He has requested I increase kalkwasser dosing to compensate for the excess CO2 now that all the windows are closed for a while. Scheduling a photo shoot for next week.

The little bout with dinos is largely resolved, so now I get to battle turf algae without the help of my monster algae eaters. Cannot find a foxface these days and the replacement orange shoulder tang is still too small to manage it. The BattleBrush is getting a lot of work in right now. Ugh.

And yes @Kattkrazie I am still successfully farming some AEFW for the time being. Thankfully Bonfire is apparently an unappetizing prospect for my special worms.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my frag has been training hard this month, sometimes twice a day. He has requested I increase kalkwasser dosing to compensate for the excess CO2 now that all the windows are closed for a while. Scheduling a photo shoot for next week.

The little bout with dinos is largely resolved, so now I get to battle turf algae without the help of my monster algae eaters. Cannot find a foxface these days and the replacement orange shoulder tang is still too small to manage it. The BattleBrush is getting a lot of work in right now. Ugh.

And yes @Kattkrazie I am still successfully farming some AEFW for the time being. Thankfully Bonfire is apparently an unappetizing prospect for my special worms.

To be fair, you were begging for some trash talk. So I brought it! You're welcome. :p

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, you were begging for some trash talk. So I brought it! You're welcome. :p
Indeed! Need more trash talk on this thread. Isn't that largely the point? @SamMule has some game with GIFs. Sam, what ya got for us?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I see this going.

@ScottB

giphy-10.gif

The Bonfire

giphy-9.gif

Next weeks photo shoot

giphy-11.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back