Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another terrible submission pic for July. I really did put this one in a horrible spot for photos...
BC bonfire.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July entry. Starting to branch out.It's done with the staging part. Time tom take off!
It's hard to hold the ruler and focus the camera by yourself so I added a better pic also.
PXL_20210725_125113363.jpg
PXL_20210725_124930315.jpg
Looking good. I too have trouble getting pics with just two hands. I generally have to enlist the help of another family member to shoot it.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty nice polyp extension. I get virtually none. Anybody got a Bonfire with even more fur?
Check it when the lights go out. Daytime PE is not necessarily a sign of success. Other things come into play. His is just content during daytime.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I ended up upgrading to a bigger tank and transferred all fish and corals two weeks ago. Lost a few acros though. Luckily, Bonfire never skipped a beat! It is happy with great PE. :)

July Entry:

45821A4A-7E43-4F03-BFBA-4F3DD1361D18.jpeg
F2A6EFC2-2AB5-4BEE-931C-82A788AD3A34.jpeg

Sorry for the blurry top pic. I didn’t turn off the flow.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, major changes in my tank to prepare for a 2-week vacation next month. I quit the Reefer's Moonshine and Tropic Marin Balling and switched to TM All-for-Reef so that the tank-sitter only has to keep one container full on my doser. The transition went smoothly so far. My son will be taking care of the tank, but I think we all know that Murphy's Law will actually be calling the shots! On my last vacation, the central air went out and I came home to a 92 degree tank full of hair algae and Dino's. I only lost 3 newer acro frags fortunately.

Here's my July pic:

1D2C16D0-A838-4766-B43A-CF6B864578F8.jpeg

And a pic back in the water:

C9D39EE2-B601-4F6B-95F4-5BEBA12E06D4.jpeg

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s frags look amazing. Wish I could say the same. Lost the majority of my acros including my bonfire within a week. Pretty crushed, but trying to stay positive. I’ll use this thread as inspiration as I try to rebuild. Hope everyone is having a good summer!

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s frags look amazing. Wish I could say the same. Lost the majority of my acros including my bonfire within a week. Pretty crushed, but trying to stay positive. I’ll use this thread as inspiration as I try to rebuild. Hope everyone is having a good summer!
That sucks! I'm sorry for the losses. I too lost a couple of acros this month and several others are severely damaged, but luckily the bonfire wasn't one of them. It got a little damaged at the tips, but it healed within a few days and is growing and looking better than ever. Contact me at the end of this and I'll send you a frag for free as long as you pay for shipping (providing it's still alive and doing well then).

The tank wasn't looking great after my last update. I sent in an icp test, but I didn't wait for the results before I did a water change. I knew something was wrong, but I just wanted to know what. Turns out I had tin and aluminum. I have no clue where it's coming from. My last test said the same thing, which I sent in for the same reason. I've checked all potential causes and everything looks good, so I'm at a loss. It might be leaching from the plumbing, which could make sense, but the tank has been running for over a year now. I'll have to stick with biweekly water changes until it either disappears or I figure out what's going on. I always rinse my arms with hot water for several minutes before putting it in the tank and I have a 200gpd 7 stage rodi filter, so I don't think it's from that either. No rusted metals near the tank from what I can see. If any of you have had heavy metals in your tanks that seemingly came out of nowhere, did you ever find out what the cause was?

Back