Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really loving how different this coral looks in everyone's tanks! Mine is kind of a suffused gold with green edges, though it has been gaining more orange lately so maybe that will change.
Yeah I was surprised with all the orange coming in on @tbaity1401 piece. I need to get a November picture up today.

Jason Hieger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November:
IMG_2944 - Copy - Copy.jpg
IMG_2945 - Copy - Copy.jpg
IMG_2948 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for November. Fascinatingly, the main growth points have stopped growing at all, but the new tips that have emerged are growing far faster than the original tips ever did! I hope I can still catch up in these last remaining months! An intriguing new branch just started growing of off of the edge of encrustation, and in the past week has grown to be nearly a centimeter in length, so who knows maybe that'll be my saving grace.

Anyways, on to the pictures.
IMG_2945.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry peeps. I am out. Fully half of the frag is dead. That frag was in a pretty expensive neighborhood, so financially it could have been a lot worse. Of course, I sell that purple stag by the pound, and it is completely unharmed.

IMG-5572.JPG
IMG-5573.JPG
IMG-5574.JPG

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry peeps. I am out. Fully half of the frag is dead. That frag was in a pretty expensive neighborhood, so financially it could have been a lot worse. Of course, I sell that purple stag by the pound, and it is completely unharmed.

IMG-5572.JPG
IMG-5573.JPG
IMG-5574.JPG
Bummer...... How long was it in the stag? I've had glue come loose (dang gel) and had one fall into a Pavona with no repercussions.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG-5572.JPG
IMG-5573.JPG
IMG-5574.JPG
I'm so sorry to hear about that! I really hope the frag keeps on truckin', sometimes they'll be stung to death's doorstep and not give a crap about it. At least none of your other animals got hurt in the process, right?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer...... How long was it in the stag? I've had glue come loose (dang gel) and had one fall into a Pavona with no repercussions.
Uncertain about duration but 18-24 hours probable. Frag has been so quiet for a while I have gotten casual with it. Went down for the photo and bam. Purple stag has not a single mark on it of course.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear about that! I really hope the frag keeps on truckin', sometimes they'll be stung to death's doorstep and not give a crap about it. At least none of your other animals got hurt in the process, right?
While I don't share your optimism I do like it. We will know soon enough. That white space won't be white for long. Something will fill that void pretty quick.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't share your optimism I do like it. We will know soon enough. That white space won't be white for long. Something will fill that void pretty quick.
It should rebound. You'd be surprised what they can come back from. They only need one polyp.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should rebound. You'd be surprised what they can come back from. They only need one polyp.
Agree there is enough flesh left for survival. Just not enough to stay in the race. I will keep posting just so the noise level remains sufficiently entertaining.

I may fire up the band saw and make a clean North/South cut and see what happens.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree there is enough flesh left for survival. Just not enough to stay in the race. I will keep posting just so the noise level remains sufficiently entertaining.

I may fire up the band saw and make a clean North/South cut and see what happens.
LOl. Good it wouldn't be the same without you. There's still what....Four-five months left?
A lot can happen between then and now.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chop it, and lay it on it’s side, this coral likes to grow sideways anyways, you can make her look pretty by the end of this show . This chat wouldn’t be the same without you Bro !!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back