Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
First off, I would like to apologize for the radio silence on my part. I have been checking in on this forum until December. That's when my life got really hectic. I rarely had time to sleep, and I got very behind on this thread. I know it's not an excuse, and I'm sorry I was not more vocal on this thread. I take full responsibility for not checking in with this thread for the past months. Right now, I'll work on updating my spreadsheet that I had already made for this contest, and review the times and dates of entries.
I understand the frustration that everyone is feeling, and I'll start working immediately on making this contest run smoother for its last few months. I understand if you do not accept my apology, but I'll do my best to make up for my past mistakes.
Thank you for keeping this thread from getting too hostile, but I do deserve your anger and disappointment.
I hope we can make the last months of this contest as fun and organized as possible.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
First off, I would like to apologize for the radio silence on my part. I have been checking in on this forum until December. That's when my life got really hectic. I rarely had time to sleep, and I got very behind on this thread. I know it's not an excuse, and I'm sorry I was not more vocal on this thread. I take full responsibility for not checking in with this thread for the past months. Right now, I'll work on updating my spreadsheet that I had already made for this contest, and review the times and dates of entries.
I understand the frustration that everyone is feeling, and I'll start working immediately on making this contest run smoother for its last few months. I understand if you do not accept my apology, but I'll do my best to make up for my past mistakes.
Thank you for keeping this thread from getting too hostile, but I do deserve your anger and disappointment.
I hope we can make the last months of this contest as fun and organized as possible.

Glad to see you back! Hope everything is well and that you tank is healthy.

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Life has been crazy all around, no apology needed in my eyes! I know I’ve been dealing with my dad in hospice and losing a third of our dept at work. Hope things chill out for you soon, hang in there

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Great to see you back. Sorry to hear about all the rough stuff going on with life and I wish you the best with all that.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, due to complete stupidity on my part I am now disqualified from the contest.
I've taken my contest pics on the 29th of every month, and I have kept that up for the past year now. But for some reason, it slipped my mind that February only has 28 days. ;Facepalm So I got up this morning and took my photo, only to realize that I'm officially out.
It's been a fun run, and I will continue to give updates on the coral as it grows. At least I wasn't in the running for first place, so it isn't so much of a loss as an annoyance.
Anyways, here's the pic. Polyps are retracted after pulling away some algae from the base, I've held back from using Flux until after the contest is over but I guess I've got nothing to lose now xD The encrustation on the rear of the colony is exploding with new growth points, I just hope my new dosing regimen doesn't shoot me to the top now that I'm out! That really would be karma to the max.
IMG_0011.JPG
Funny enough, most of the color is lost through this pic lol it's finally regained the original orange base that it had when I first got it.
Well, I'll see y'all around! Good luck and God bless.
(I won't be so unlucky next time!)

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
No apologies needed, life gets in the way of all of us, I pray that things calm down for you and everyone. Thank You:)

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Hope all is well with you! We’re glad to have you back. No apologies needed.

I just hope we can convince Adam to do another one of these because this has been a lot of fun.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March entry...... Starting to grow again after nothing for a few months. Ruler pic, glamour shot, side ruler pic and a top down shot. One more month to go ..... Lets get those entries in!
PXL_20220320_175508278.jpg
PXL_20220320_175603133.jpg
PXL_20220320_175352876.jpg
PXL_20220320_175935860.jpg
Looking good. Seeing all those new growth shoots making me jelly.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March entry, after doing major water changes with HW salt because of the TMP salt issue that I had and being on top of my Reefing game because I thought that I was going to lose my whole system. She is starting to look better again, probably the best that I’ve seen her since the start from a frag that was less than half inch big .
5E884048-D588-486A-8B0B-1FF06799FF45.jpeg
9165B4E3-0CD6-4E36-81CB-006EC8398853.jpeg
56437625-49FE-4E03-822E-0C9360618242.jpeg

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March entry, after doing major water changes with HW salt because of the TMP salt issue that I had and being on top of my Reefing game because I thought that I was going to lose my whole system. She is starting to look better again, probably the best that I’ve seen her since the start from a frag that was less than half inch big .
5E884048-D588-486A-8B0B-1FF06799FF45.jpeg
9165B4E3-0CD6-4E36-81CB-006EC8398853.jpeg
56437625-49FE-4E03-822E-0C9360618242.jpeg
Very very nice. Jealous of that red/orange coloration… after all this time mine is still a solid green.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice. Jealous of that red/orange coloration… after all this time mine is still a solid green.
I believe that happened after using a whole 200 gallon box of HW salt to fix the issue with the TMP salt. I started off by mixing 2 44 gallon brute containers in one shot the day I got the salt and every week after that 1 44 gallon brute water change, everything in my system that didn’t die has definitely taken a turn for the better. I had been sweating my system for 3 months trying to figure out what was going on. You gotta love it Lol:)

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that happened after using a whole 200 gallon box of HW salt to fix the issue with the TMP salt. I started off by mixing 2 44 gallon brute containers in one shot the day I got the salt and every week after that 1 44 gallon brute water change, everything in my system that didn’t die has definitely taken a turn for the better. I had been sweating my system for 3 months trying to figure out what was going on. You gotta love it Lol:)
I have also been dripping Kalkwasser 24-7 to help with my PH because of the calcium reactor. Kinda of a chore but well worth it in my eyes. Maybe I’ll save up to get a Kalk stirrer .

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back