OFFICIAL SENEYE USERS THREAD

Discussion in 'AQD_Seneye' started by AQD-Seneye, Mar 22, 2018.

1. AQD-Seneye

AQD-Seneye Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

We are very pleased to announce the official Seneye Users Reef 2 Reef thread. Please use this thread to talk about, post up photos and and questions on all things Seneye. Future offers and presentations will be placed here also.

This is your thread please use it for the benefit to all.

Kind Regards
    Michael
    AQD - Seneye

DLHDesign and Crabs Mcjones like this.
    Tags:

2. mta_morrow

mta_morrow It costs HOW much?!!! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award SCAA Member Build Thread Contributor

this will be great. Thanks for starting this thread. I have only plugged in my seneye once so far as my tank is very new. But I can say, from getting it setup and registered to actually using it was very easy.

Even for a non-tech guy like me;)

Crabs Mcjones and AQD-Seneye like this.
  3. AQD-Seneye

Thanks for the kind feedback, any questions you have we are always around to answer. ;)

mta_morrow and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  4. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I think one thing that should be addressed right away that I've seen a couple users on here have issues with, is that if you're having a problem with the seneye app that it says "upgrade" over the par meter, that this is a glitch and you should contact seneye. @AQD-Seneye Would you like to address that issue here?

Jason mack and mta_morrow like this.
  5. AQD-Seneye

Hi
    We have looked at this and its seems extremely isolated and only one person has ever contacted support about it which was simply resolved, secondly when it was highlighted here recently that person never followed up with our request to help them so I am not sure of any update when we are not getting any support requests to either us or support.

As mentioned before if this ever does/did occur then its nothing more than a push switch at Seneye to turn back on the feature.

All the best
    Michael

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  6. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Awesome, Thank you :)
    I use the seneye and absolutely love it. Thank you for a great product :)

DLHDesign and AQD-Seneye like this.
  7. becca10

becca10 Active Member

Thank you for starting this thread. I have used this for a few years now and just love it. It’s nice to be able to monitor the tank without spending a fortune!

AQD-Seneye and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  8. papa940911

papa940911 New Member

Love me Seneye! My only gripe is having a laptop plugged in all the time. I wish we could make our own web server with a raspberry pi. I’m sure the Seneye web server is great just a little out of my desired amount to spend, but I get it.

SelimSeven likes this.
  9. Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay Member

Hello Seneye.
    Any update on the Seneye coral ???
    Thanks

10. AQD-Seneye

Anthony Mckay likes this.
  11. Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay Member

12. AQD-Seneye

If you want the advanced light spectrum features then this will only be in the Spectra not the Coral however the coral will have the standard light meter just as much as the Reef does now and will continue to have.

Anthony Mckay likes this.
  13. Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay Member

Can't wait to see some info on the spectra sounds good.(depending on price lol!!!) Thank you again.

14. mckinleyw

mckinleyw AIRBORNE REEFER R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I was thinking about a seneye. This thread maybe what talks me into it. I am wanting to be able to measure par mainly. but i do like the other available features. I will be following along. keeping eyes open for those new toys. hehehe

15. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

Cool thread! Would love to see some photos of your tanks with the Seneye working on it!

16. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

I found this and thought it might offer a solution for you?

mta_morrow likes this.
  17. Reefer Reboot

Reefer Reboot Member Partner Member 2019

Preamble, (Yes, unfortunately this is going to be long.) I have posted about this before here and on the Seneye reviews on BRS. I hate having to elevate this issue to this level of nastiness but Seneye has refused to play fair. They have given me their same old line about " first time someone has enquired regarding the accuracy of our light meter" line, which from other posts I've seen, I now highly doubt. So here it is.....(Drum Roll)

Seneye discrepancy,

Has anyone come across this Par meter color graph discrepancy with their Seneye monitor? When I place my monitor in my refugium and compare the color spectrum graph between the real time app screen and the online dashboard screen, the color spectrum line peaks on the graphs are opposite of each other. In the refugium I am running a Zetlight E200 which is on the very red end of the spectrum. It shows up that way on the real time app screen. If I let it sit there overnight while the lights are on and then compare it with what it shows on the online dashboard for the same time span, it is opposite. The dashboard shows it peaking in the blue spectrum overnight. Does anyone experience the same issue?

upload_2018-3-23_9-9-40.png

Another issue I am experiencing, on the dashboard screen if you click on the data point on the left side of the PAR window (Where it shows the date/time/PAR) the color spectrum line should show up on the right side of the PAR window. I have found that when clicking on anything above 17 PAR the color spectrum line goes flat.
    upload_2018-3-23_9-16-29.png

upload_2018-3-23_9-19-55.png
    upload_2018-3-23_9-20-17.png

I have emailed them regarding this. It took a long time to get a response but this is a cut and paste of their response to me.

"Sorry that is has taken us so long to get back to you.
    The axis on the light metre graph are showing the following: X – Axis is for the nanometre value, the Y- Axis is the percentage of the light that is being read.
    Regarding the screen shot you have sent through, it appears that there is a bug with that particular graph as it should be showing you a graph on the right hand side at every point you click on the graphic. We have forwarded this to our Developer for further investigation."

After not hearing back from them I contacted Bulk Reef Supply (through whom I bought this.) to see if they could help. They contacted Seneye who only then responded back to me with this reply. (Again, cut and pasted.)

"Apologies for the late response. We have forwarded your query to our engineering team. This is the first time someone has enquired regarding the accuracy of our light meter.
    We will have to double check regarding your query, please bear in mind that we will be closed over the Christmas period, but will try to get back to you at the beginning of January."

On January 9th I sent Seneye another email asking "Anything new yet?" I know they get the emails because there is an automatic reply email from them stating so. I have yet to receive any replies back.

So I'm left wondering, did I stumble across a known deficiency in their meter or did I just get a faulty meter? This is why I am asking if anyone else can duplicate this situation. If it is a known deficiency, can it be fixed with an update? If it is a faulty meter, can it be replaced? Or are those lines just programmed into it to make us think that it is actually measuring something? Just ignoring a paying customer in hopes that they will go away is a pretty sad way of doing business.

If a company advertises their product as being capable of performing certain tasks, then it should perform as such. Anything less is false advertisement! If you can’t do so then call it what it is, AN OVER GLORIFIED PAR METER. I purchased an Apex PMK PAR meter which matches it perfectly for PAR readings but does not require the additional purchase of a “Web Server with WIFI” for another almost $300.00 to connect wirelessly.

With these issues unresolved from a non responsive manufacturer, I cannot and will not recommend this product!!!

So there it is. To put it in perspective, if you were to buy a car that was advertised as having air conditioning, but you found that the air conditioning did not work, would you be happy with that?

18. AQD-Seneye

Hiya
    Can you forward to me the email you sent on January the 9th please that you did not get a reply to. It seems up until then Seneye were very responsive and even apologized if there was a delay so it seems somehow this further reply just slipped through the net. It happens we are all human ;)

As there are literally thousands of units on the market and Seneye have never seen this question before, it is likely some reading anomaly they can advise you on. Your light meter does also work in response to the car analogy, there is just a slight shift in your graph axis between live and stored data.

The Seneye light meter has won time and time again accuracy comparisons, so this most certainly is a singular case of miss match in graph detailing, not accuracy.

Please make sure you email me personally at info@seneye-usa.com and I will make sure this is followed up with and also post every reply here for you so there is absolute not disparity. I will need your seneye.me user name email address also (NEVER send password) I just need that email first. Many thanks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Jason mack likes this.
  19. AQD-Seneye

So I just heard back from Seneye. They will look into this but at a glance the issue seems to be you are attempting to compare live data to stored data on the cloud. These are the two screens you refer to, one is live and one is recorded previous data point, naturally these will never match as not the same time frame. So based on this, the Seneye is 100% accurate just reading live versus stored data.

HOWEVER to reassure you further I am getting our developer Luca to follow up with you and I will follow up to your email we wait to receive, so its important we have your registered email address.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  20. Ferrell

Ferrell Valuable Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

So I’m thinking of making the purchase but still riding the fence. My main reason for the purchase would be for par measuring for coral placement.
    1. Assume that it is fairly easy to use as I’m an old guy and not real techy. Windows laptop work? Apple phone work? Does it work there a “seneye” website? Not sure how to use
    2. Besides continuous ammonia monitoring, can it down just an instant test. I assume this would be a great item on a quarantine tank but what would be value on an apex controlled DT
    3 what other benefits? Are there different “models” to choose fresh m or is basically one model?
    Any enlightenment would be appreciated

mta_morrow likes this.