OG Bounce propagation. Anyone tried NOT cutting the mouth?

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really amazed because I've had this OG Bounce in my tank for 16 months and it has doubled in size, but no babies. I bought a Sunkist Bounce at the same time, and it has produced a total of 5 new 'shrooms. Anyways, I would much prefer to let the OG Bounce produce babies naturally, but it doesn't seem to want to happen . . . so . . . I see that people cut them down the mouth with success, but my experience with Ricordea and Rhodactis leads me to believe that a "torn" piece or a cut from the edge would grow into a healthy specimen without cutting the mouth.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks.

My OG:

IMG_1884.JPG

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id look for a piece of foot that is out stretched away from the base of the stem a bit. Clean slice without getting into base of stem and break that piece of foot off if possible. Ive taken a bunch of cuts from shrooms that never naturally split or made babies in my system. Imo its the best way to take cuts from shrooms without the risk of infection to mom. Rhodactis are highly prone to bacterial infections in my experience.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this thread in the first cpl posts I show the transition for foot booger cuts.

Here's a piece of foot I was explaining in previous post thats also shown in post in thread. If you have any out stretched foot like this or even a piece of foot thats bubbled up next to base of stem. These are the best pieces of foot to take:)
20220221_164415.jpg

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very SLOOOOOW to form babies, but I'm starting to see results. Will be very curious to see if the natural splitting speeds up as more 'shrooms are formed . . .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back