OG Bounce 's staying smaaaall....

audioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm actually more of a SPS guy, but I ordered an OG Bounce at the end of March this year.

Unfortunately it does not want to grow at all and I would even say it has shrunk significantly, which of course makes me very sad.

I have put it in different light areas from about 50-200 par without it changing anything.
My nutrient values are currently quite high by SPS standards, at least in the phosphate range I am at about 0.07-0.1. For this No3 is maximum at 2.
It does not take food, I could only observe once at the beginning how it has contracted with Reefroids. Since then there is no real reaction. Otherwise I add Fauna Marin Min S every other day and my fish food is enriched with Red Sea AB+, so both the fish and the corals get extra vitamins and amino acids.

I was afraid that the Bounce will be nibbled by one of my fish, so I put it in a kind of cage, so that this does not happen. I could never observe it.

Otherwise, my values are very good, with calcium and potassium always in the upper range (450). I have a lot of current, but make sure that not much reaches her. She tends to sit in a calm zone.

Does anyone from the experienced bounce keepers have any valuable tips for me perhaps?

Greetings
Thomas

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, ive noticed if a mushroom is "fragged" too many times, it opens up suceptability to more infections.

The only way ive had mushrooms stay alive longer than a couple years is to not cut them and let them lascerate or split on their own.

Lots of mushrooms now days are cuts.

OP
OP
A

audioTom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ja, ich glaube, es wurde häufig geschnitten. There are not so many original og bounces in europe, so they want to maximize....

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ja, ich glaube, es wurde häufig geschnitten. There are not so many original og bounces in europe, so they want to maximize....
Its best to leave them to split naturally.
I had one split pretty quick after putting in my tank and then not for a long time after. The change in chemistry likely causes it.

Then again theres people who cut mushrooms all the time with no issues.
Maybe they arent keeping them in the system as long.

Nems show the same pattern with cutting and naturally splitting.

Back