Oh the challenges of a drop off tank

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to dial in the flow on this thing (IM 20 concept) is one of the most challenging things I’ve encountered in this hobby. Moved my powerhead to create more indirect flow and hopefull increase flow on the bottom and now I have debris floating everywhere and it doesn’t seem to want to go into the overflow. It seems like I’m having to choose clarity or flow. I’m having fun with this tank but man is it challenging! More of a rant than anything

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not just make a wave machine like how panta rhei has, get a big cuc to eat accumulating detritus and add 2 strong pumps 1 at the bottom of the top section pushing out into the bottom area then one at the bottom area going straight into the left side of the bottom and reflecting up creating a circular flow in the middle.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol.. now that you call it out it makes sense. I never thought about it. But the debris should settle eventually.. how long you have been running it in this configuration? give it a week at least

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol.. now that you call it out it makes sense. I never thought about it. But the debris should settle eventually.. how long you have been running it in this configuration? give it a week at least
It was like that for a couple of days. I moved it to a different location and it’s still the same so I’m going to leave it and see what happens

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back