Oithona Colcarva pods, oceanmagik, and pod size question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

onlyfans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've sent a couple different emails about this a few weeks ago and I'm sure they just got lost in the sea of other emails that y'all see each day; so, I wanted to ask on here.

Was wondering if you all would sell just the Oithona Colcarva pods? Could I do a special order like that?

What is the salinity of the Oceanmagik? Is it an equal part blend of each type of algae or is it proprietary?

Also, I was hoping that you could lay some knowledge on me and tell me the size of each of the 4 kinds of pods you sell in their 3 different stages, please?

Thanks!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've sent a couple different emails about this a few weeks ago and I'm sure they just got lost in the sea of other emails that y'all see each day; so, I wanted to ask on here.

Was wondering if you all would sell just the Oithona Colcarva pods? Could I do a special order like that?

What is the salinity of the Oceanmagik? Is it an equal part blend of each type of algae or is it proprietary?

Also, I was hoping that you could lay some knowledge on me and tell me the size of each of the 4 kinds of pods you sell in their 3 different stages, please?

Thanks!
Hi there! I believe I have found your email in our support and it that was you and you have a gmail account please check your promotional folder as sometimes gmail sorts our emails there vs inbox or spam :) We do not sell Oithona separately and only have it in our Ecopods jar- I do apologize for the inconvenience. The amount of each species in our OceanMagik is proprietary information but we do keep it at 1.022 (30ppt). These are approximations: tigs are around 75 microns, the juvenile are around 200 and the adults are around 400 microns. For the oithona, apocyclops and tisbe, the naupliar stages are 55 micron, juvenile 100 microns and adults 200 microns.

OP
OP
O

onlyfans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit embarrassed that I did not think to check my other folders. It got filtered over to spam for some reason. Super sorry. Thank you for pointing that out though, found other emails from people that I swore I never got, lesson learned.

Thank you for the info, helps a lot. So much information (good and bad) out there on pod sizes that I didn't know what to believe. Some articles were saying tiggers are 1500 micron, and I couldn't believe that because I've never seen a 1.5mm tigger pod.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some articles were saying tiggers are 1500 micron, and I couldn't believe that because I've never seen a 1.5mm tigger pod.
I forgot about harvesting my tigger culture once, I let it go about 2 months. They grow as big as mosquitos, no kidding, its disgusting. I put them in my tank to see what would happen, and even the fish were afraid of them, they stayed away from the big ones.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I forgot about harvesting my tigger culture once, I let it go about 2 months. They grow as big as mosquitos, no kidding, its disgusting. I put them in my tank to see what would happen, and even the fish were afraid of them, they stayed away from the big ones.
I can imagine fish swimming away from them lol :D

OP
OP
O

onlyfans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy Never thought a pod would get that big. I wonder if a mandarin would still eat them though?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back