OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update video. 1 hour and 22 minutes after dose.

Right after my initial dose I notice patches of cyano coming off. But it paused for now. I honestly expected to be cyano free by now lol.

I read the packaging and it says I need 48 hours for full results.

Here’s my FTS now, as well as a rock photo with the patches of cyano gone.

64890727-DB5A-4C1D-AA6F-77C935EB40B7.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever used Chemiclean? Would you personally recommend this route if my tank was yours?

Never used it and I have some cyano after ATO failed and I am not going to use it. If I lost my fish I would explode. I never use any of that stuff. I am pretty old school.

I am pretty sure in my case my sand bed has organics in it and my tank got out of balance from the salinity dip. I have a sandsifting goby coming to help me out and will just stir the crap out of it with some filter socks. Should be easily fixable.

I have had cyano plenty of times in my reefing history and always beat it without chemi clean. Plus I would rather have cyano than Dino.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your tank explode?? Crossing fingers
No. It did not explode. No fish died as of right now. I’m sitting by my tank. Honestly, it doesn’t look any different right now - besides for the overflowing skimmer.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus I would rather have cyano than Dino.
Beats me. I’ve had both! First I got dinos which I think killed off most of the competition on my rocks, and now I have cyano.

But I started seeing coralline and green algae. So I think this chemi clean will knock back cyano for the rest of the beneficial competition to regain their footing.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where we at?
Tank lights just closed. All fish, corals, and inverts look fine.

Cyano is still there. Unharmed.

I closed the powerheads for a minute so I can feed the copperband some blackworms. Pumps are all back on. Windows are open and PH read 8.2 right before lights off.

Ramdude4G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave your skimmer running but remove the cup. It will help to add oxygen to the water. you will most likely have to perform 2x 30% WC before your skimmer will start to function properly again. Or that was my experience. But that could be because I had a major dino outbreak at the same time.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back