Ok, fellow Mushroom lovers, I see a great deal on a Red and a Blue....

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add some colour pop. Mushrooms have always done very well in my tank over the years. Proliferating but not to the point of nuisance, and growing huge. I currently have green and brown hairy mushrooms. I'd love to get some red in the tank (tried acans and they just fail unfortunately) , or perhaps even the blue? What is going to flouresce more under the light? I assume the red?
Also, are certain species more delicate than others? Will whatever mushrooms I add seemingly have success (likely) as my others have ? Just looking for something easy and low maintenance, and not going to break my bank.
Thanks all .

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add some colour pop. Mushrooms have always done very well in my tank over the years. Proliferating but not to the point of nuisance, and growing huge. I currently have green and brown hairy mushrooms. I'd love to get some red in the tank (tried acans and they just fail unfortunately) , or perhaps even the blue? What is going to flouresce more under the light? I assume the red?
Also, are certain species more delicate than others? Will whatever mushrooms I add seemingly have success (likely) as my others have ? Just looking for something easy and low maintenance, and not going to break my bank.
Thanks all .
Mushroom fan here and going to let you know how I feel straight up and I would say if you have kept mushrooms they do well and youd like some real pop I would say go for a Jawbreaker. You can find them at reasonable prices here on the R2R marketplace and also locally in your area possibly!

I love my colony, and in reality they can pay back their cost with the babies if you frag them out and sell them to other local hobbyists. Yes they are the more "expensive" mushroom, but buying into a good strain you give yourself opportunity for strong lineage and good coloring to add to your tank

@MERKEY @BighohoReef

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mushroom fan here and going to let you know how I feel straight up and I would say if you have kept mushrooms they do well and youd like some real pop I would say go for a Jawbreaker. You can find them at reasonable prices here on the R2R marketplace and also locally in your area possibly!

I love my colony, and in reality they can pay back their cost with the babies if you frag them out and sell them to other local hobbyists. Yes they are the more "expensive" mushroom, but buying into a good strain you give yourself opportunity for strong lineage and good coloring to add to your tank

@MERKEY @BighohoReef
Absolutely %100 on jawbreaker for a quick and affordable burst of color!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got some blue discos I'm looking to get rid of! These bad boys survived my tank's cycle so theyre seriously hardy. Ive also got some green hairies, bouncing green and yellow yumas, and a green rhodactis. Figured out that mushies arent really my thing but they sure are pretty!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Discosoma and hairy mushrooms are Dandies !!

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discosoma and hairy mushrooms are Dandies !!
Red Disco it is! Let's see if we get proliferation....hey YOU Eibli, stay away lol....
20210507_225026.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back