!!!!!OK HERE'S THE WINNING DESIGN FOR THE 2022 RAINDROPS ON ROSES GRAPHIC CONTEST!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SEE POST #22 FOR WINNING ENTRY!

And by "we" I mean the folks involved in the upcoming "Raindrops on Roses" Fall grow out contest!

Here's the story,

My go-to designer, whom I absolutely love, and as a disclaimer before we even begin will have to say that I will hold all entries up to her standards of excellence for sure. And I may even have a hard time really jiving with anything submitted unless its at least as good as her "average" stuff. and by that I mean I really want serious efforts and entries only please. But at the same time please don't hesitate to submit on that account...

Where was I? Oh yeah, my go-to designer is just way too bogged down right now with studies and testing and such that she had to bow out of my request to design another one like she did for "Blood Bank" that turned out like this.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 12.55.36 PM.png

Was perfect. Made a great sticker and shirt. Simple and elegant and hit every base I wanted to distinctly. Absolute home run if you ask me. I was all for her just tweaking this design and making it the "raindrops instead", but for now I'd really just like anyone who's interested to feel free to work up any design you can come up with for the new contest and it can be anything at all. Does not have to mirror this one at all.

The only requirement I have is to include the coral name the year and mine and the reef2reef logo. The rest is up to you.

What's in it for me, you ask? Well for starters, I'm thinking the creator of the chosen design will of course get a shirt and stickers, but to sweeten the pot a little, I'll gladly include a 500.00 Battlecorals credit that can be used on anything alive on my site. Anytime!

What do you say, anyone want to get there hands a little dirty and take a shot and creating a new design for the grow out contest and immortalize your artwork forever in the annals of R2R and BC lore?

Edit: I can provide you with workable copies of my logo to use no problem so don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

That_one_fish_girl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And by "we" I mean the folks involved in the upcoming "Raindrops on Roses" Fall grow out contest!

Here's the story,

My go-to designer, whom I absolutely love, and as a disclaimer before we even begin will have to say that I will hold all entries up to her standards of excellence for sure. And I may even have a hard time really jiving with anything submitted unless its at least as good as her "average" stuff. and by that I mean I really want serious efforts and entries only please. But at the same time please don't hesitate to submit on that account...

Where was I? Oh yeah, my go-to designer is just way too bogged down right now with studies and testing and such that she had to bow out of my request to design another one like she did for "Blood Bank" that turned out like this.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 12.55.36 PM.png

Was perfect. Made a greatest sticker and shirt. Simple and elegant and hit every base I wanted to distinctly. Absolute home run if you ask me. I was all for her just tweaking this design and making it the "raindrops instead", but for now I'd really just like anyone who's interested to feel free to work up any design you can come up with for the new contest and it can be anything at all. Does not have to mirror this one at all.

The only requirement I have is to include the coral name the year and mine and the reef2reef logo. The rest is up to you.

What's in it for me, you ask? Well for starters, I'm thinking the creator of the chosen design will of course get a shirt and stickers, but to sweeten the pot a little, I'll gladly include a 500.00 Battlecorals credit that can be used on anything alive on my site. Anytime!

What do you say, anyone want to get there hands a little dirty and take a shot and creating a new design for the grow out contest and immortalize your artwork forever in the annals of R2R and BC lore?

Edit: I can provide you with workable copies of my logo to use no problem so don't hesitate to ask.
When is the due date?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my way around photoshop and have designed my hubs business cards for years so I'll take a whack... what's the deadline?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try for fun later today after work.
@Battlecorals can you PM me the workable copies of your logo & the R2R?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ll try for fun later today after work.
@Battlecorals can you PM me the workable copies of your logo & the R2R?
cool. so I am not able to send .ai files through Pm on r2r. not exactly sure why. but email seems to be the key Please send me one at your convenience and ill send over whatever I can asap.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some excellent submissions I have received so far. Really good stuff. keep up the good work folks! if any of you still need any images from me to get rolling , please send an email and il get back to you asap!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have to ask…are we going to get to see each submission or only the winner?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got some great entries so far. but still open to submissions and people are very welcome to post there stuff in this thread if they want as well.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's still going, I'll send my email for workable files.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not my day job but I sure find it fun!

Attachments

• raindrop.jpg
    raindrop.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 3 raindrops.jpg
    3 raindrops.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys! thanks so much for all the submissions. I really appreciate all you guys help with this. some excellent work by some talented folks to be sure.

but unfortunately there can only be one winner and I think I have zeroed in on that winner. Barring any last minute entries I will go ahead and make it official tomorrow morning first thing. and real the chosen image!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back