ok- only thing left is to empty tank completely and soak rock in acid- phophates still 0.90

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you remove all your rock and you are bare bottom, you'll need to cycle the tank.
Also dosing 30mls a day for your tank could affect any Tangs you might have. Especially Yellows.
They have a bad reaction to too much LC.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s your choice you can get it out. Put you’ll need to be patient. Weeks of dosing. If you swap the rock and do a water change it will speed the process up but you’ll creating other problems

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate when people suggest water changes, rarely do they work in terms of lowering nutrients. I have been sitting at 25-50 nitrates (can't tell as test kits are trash past 25) for almost a year now and have done literally 300% water changes over the course of one week (yeah I know, not healthy but stopped caring what lives or doesn't at this point) and not a single dent was made to my nutrient levels.

If it's in your rocks, it's in your rocks.

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate when people suggest water changes, rarely do they work in terms of lowering nutrients. I have been sitting at 25-50 nitrates (can't tell as test kits are trash past 25) for almost a year now and have done literally 300% water changes over the course of one week (yeah I know, not healthy but stopped caring what lives or doesn't at this point) and not a single dent was made to my nutrient levels.

If it's in your rocks, it's in your rocks.
So the water changes are a waste of time ?

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have that much phosphate bound in your rocks then it won’t be the most effecting. LC and GFO will be your best choice

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you remove 90 gallons and then added 90 gallons? That would lower PO4 by 1/3. If you started at 3ppm, might be less than 0.9. If you started at 100ppm, then should lower to 66ppm.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a whole other order of magnitude may be necessary here. Try 100:1 and see what you get.
Quite possible! Would certainly help to at least get a rough idea where it is currently.

So I guess next question.. If you dilute the sample that much with RODI does the test still work? Maybe need to use fresh mixed salt water instead???

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be Dripping LC for weeks.. at 9mls ro/di and 1ml sample water the hanna ULR is still 0.9
Have you tried diluting further? Take the first dilution 1:9. Then take 1ml of that with another 9ml rodi. X100 on the Hanna result

maybe your Hanna is giving a false reading as Randy mentioned? Might be worth taking a tank sample and let it settle for a while if the tank is cloudy

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried diluting further? Take the first dilution 1:9. Then take 1ml of that with another 9ml rodi. X100 on the Hanna result

maybe your Hanna is giving a false reading as Randy mentioned? Might be worth taking a tank sample and let it settle for a while if the tank is cloudy
Hanna is accurate, my other tank is 0.06ppm

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back