Ok spending more time on the tank now What are the go to cheap leds now

Linkfalcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok spending more time on the tank now What are the go to cheap leds now i have ocean revives and looking to add few more light are theses still the go to or is there a better option now its a nem lps and some low end sps

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok spending more time on the tank now What are the go to cheap leds now i have ocean revives and looking to add few more light are theses still the go to or is there a better option now its a nem lps and some low end sps

BRS did a test of black box leds and recommended the Viperspectra based on more even spread and spectrum blend. This video might be worth your time geeking out over.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that almost all of them with some footprint in the hobby can handle that job. I would look to features and channel numbers.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Add at minimum 4 T5 tube retro. I would just add an aquatic life T5 fixture and use the same LEDs ramp up slowly. Then down the road you can change your LEDs to anything you want and still keep T5’s.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the shape and size of your tank.

If yours is deep enough of cube like, and big enough, ReeFi Uno ReeFi Uno product enough light to cover 24x24 area for SPS need, for less than $300.

If yours is long and narrow, Orphek OR3 light bar is very good. OR3 120 - 48" is only $190. It comes with different sizes. Two or three bars will give you enough light for most corals besides SPS, and it's not that more expensive than blackboxes. Only shortcoming is, it's not controllable, only on/off.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the recent switch to Noopsyche (coming from Kessil) and really like them so far. Lots of complaints about the controller which I find very easy if not simple to use. It seems most people want more controllability however I really like the simplicity of it. FYI I'm lighting a 48x24x16 80gal DT using three of the Noops and IMO they will have more than enough penetration for your 21" tall DSA

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back