Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been doing some trial and error with notifications and this is what I noticed. After marking all thread READ, I get notifications, UNTIL I dont click a notification regarding that thread then they stop until I either post there or mark threads read again.
That's the way Xenforo works. You don't have to "mark" the threads as read or click on the notification, you just have to actually go to the thread (while you are logged in, of course) and that will reset the notification system for that thread only

Notifications of new replies to a thread you are watching are only sent for the first reply made since you last read the thread, and they are managed by the individual thread. You will not get multiple notifications when multiple people reply to a single thread since you last looked at that thread.

What you may be expecting is vBulletin funcionality, where simply visiting the forum (and not even reading a thread) resets all the "read" notifications for every thread you are watching.

Honestly this is one of my pet peeves with Xenforo, I kind of liked getting all the notifications reset by simply visiting the forum. However, on the flipside, on a forum this large, the number of emails sent in a situation like that is quite staggering...and that's why that decision was made.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way Xenforo works. You don't have to "mark" the threads as read or click on the notification, you just have to actually go to the thread (while you are logged in, of course) and that will reset the notification system for that thread only

Notifications of new replies to a thread you are watching are only sent for the first reply made since you last read the thread, and they are managed by the individual thread. You will not get multiple notifications when multiple people reply to a single thread since you last looked at that thread.

What you may be expecting is vBulletin funcionality, where simply visiting the forum (and not even reading a thread) resets all the "read" notifications for every thread you are watching.

Honestly this is one of my pet peeves with Xenforo, I kind of liked getting all the notifications reset by simply visiting the forum. However, on the flipside, on a forum this large, the number of emails sent in a situation like that is quite staggering...and that's why that decision was made.
Ahhh that makes sense thank you

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back