Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope not at all. I do have (Like everyone using chrome hopefully) Have my Cookies browser cache and History wiped every time i close a browser window. This is to keep sites from tracking me. If your sites software is relying on leaving bits on a users Computer , You in my opinion should ask them to change this.Or do away with the FEATURE..

This is the reason that you keep getting the notification. And - I'm not sure why most people - let alone 99% would have their cache cleared every time they close their browser. (not criticizing - just that most people don't do this IME).

For @revhtree everything seems to be working much better. It might just be my eyes - but in dark mode there is not a huge color difference between the quoted message and the posted message.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason that you keep getting the notification. And - I'm not sure why most people - let alone 99% would have their cache cleared every time they close their browser. (not criticizing - just that most people don't do this IME).

For @revhtree everything seems to be working much better. It might just be my eyes - but in dark mode there is not a huge color difference between the quoted message and the posted message.
If "MOST PEOPLE" Knew what tracking cookies can do they would. There are no valid reasons for a online hobby forum to track people there users and Push information into them or there email by DEFAULT .

I am alone in this it appears.This stuff is the very reason i left face book and other similar sites for smaller user ran forums where you can share knowledge with users not be bombarded with Massive Advertisements and data collection.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If "MOST PEOPLE" Knew what tracking cookies can do they would. There are no valid reasons for a online hobby forum to track people there users and Push information into them or there email by DEFAULT .

I am alone in this it appears.This stuff is the very reason i left face book and other similar sites for smaller user ran forums where you can share knowledge with users not be bombarded with Massive Advertisements and data collection.

FYI the only data we’re collecting to use is your email address where we send you emails from the site for promos etc. Nothing funny going on here.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

OH - youre misunderstanding me - I didnt say that websites should be able to track you - and I didnt say any website should send push notifications. What I said is that if you don't want to get those notifications - you need to enable cookies for Reef2Reef. Lots of people would rather have a push notification than an email (I don't want either) - but - its just the reality - I'm not sure it means that 'they are tracking you' or 'using your data'. I'm sure you realize that every time you sign on - every website has your computer type, your ISP, your IP address etc etc. The only difference is you aren't allowing R2R to save your personalized settings... for this site only. Not every 'cookie' is a 'tracking cookie'

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH - youre misunderstanding me - I didnt say that websites should be able to track you - and I didnt say any website should send push notifications. What I said is that if you don't want to get those notifications - you need to enable cookies for Reef2Reef. Lots of people would rather have a push notification than an email (I don't want either) - but - its just the reality - I'm not sure it means that 'they are tracking you' or 'using your data'. I'm sure you realize that every time you sign on - every website has your computer type, your ISP, your IP address etc etc. The only difference is you aren't allowing R2R to save your personalized settings... for this site only. Not every 'cookie' is a 'tracking cookie'
Did you try clicking the button on this page yet and seeing if that stops this site from asking to enable push notifications?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am noticing an issue with the site and the build thread contributors group/ banner link.

As in you're trying to obtain a build thread banner?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct and when I utilize the link in you signature block it is redirected to an OOPS page

No worries..we'll get it taken care of. The Join User Group function of the site is being worked on which explains the troubles you've had.

Rlreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries..we'll get it taken care of. The Join User Group function of the site is being worked on which explains the troubles you've had.
no worries mate, I just notice it as an issue. And honestly lazy as to read all the thread to see if it was addressed.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries mate, I just notice it as an issue. And honestly lazy as to read all the thread to see if it was addressed.

You're official...welcome to the club.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed when looking at the watched forms main page. I like that you can see that here if there are unread post. (noted by the icon on the left. If it is highlighted orange there are unread post in the forums and if there are no new posts in the forums it will be grayed out.

This works great for all the the forum I am watching except for Neptune System it is always grayed out even though you can see there are recent post highlighted. Not sure if this is a setting issue or not?

1564718469893.png

1564718590459.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back