Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first of all, THIS IS AWESOME! I'm really liking the layout and new design

Any chance we can get it to when you click "view more" for more threads they can appear without having the page reload?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also want to say I love the "trending" feature.. not sure if that's always been there. But what a great way to have a flurry of activity at any moment on any random thread. Love it. Spread the buzz!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, waking up tonight the site is improved. The separators work well, badges are better and the brightness seems dimmer. A lot of the little tweaks are helpful, so thanks!

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot the update was coming. Confused the tick out of me. Even Siri forgot my username and password.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
banners look sharp but understand they take up space......Fruit Salad?
1563402889729.png
Uhhhh we call that chest candy!!!;)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say I am having less site related issues since the roll out. A couple of iPhone issues, but on a desktop now, no issues at all in the past hour. It is so nice to again move through the site at the speed I need.

Keesers

Captain Saltwater Pants
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I’m enjoying the update works great on iOS I pad browser style no need to turn it that and big screen I don’t use my phone or app much. Im just extremely happy that you guys even spend the time to keep it refreshed and update. Any kinks you find I’m sure your work out thanks so much. #mods does anybody know how I get a banner for the reef club I’m in ... SPCDA ....SPOKANE COEUR D ALENE REEF SOCIETY spcdareefs.org

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say I am having less site related issues since the roll out. A couple of iPhone issues, but on a desktop now, no issues at all in the past hour. It is so nice to again move through the site at the speed I need.

I've noticed this as well, right after the update I immediately noticed everything's MUCH faster than after the server switch. Definitely good to see :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
working well but still need to cut the glare
1563446851513.png

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An option to hide banners on desktop would be nice...for those of us who like to declutter. In the settings or what not where I hide the signatures.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you’re a Braves fan like me!?!? :p

LOL I will have to see how it all pans out ,, right now I am not seeing the need for this new look ,, you had something that worked ,, everything was right there in front of me ,, user friendly ,, why mess up a good thing ,, seems ,, at least right now to me ,, everything is not right there in front of me ,, I have to go looking for things ,, I was just kidding about the Reef Central statement :) that will never happen ,,

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in all I like the new look. It's been pretty painless getting used to it.

I don't like that people's badges are hidden and you have to click a button to see them. Would be nice if they were always displayed like they used to be.

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

U

User1

View Badges
Providing feedback is always hard because it can be translated by the reader as negative. On a simple note the site or forum is loud. It really screams at me at least compared to the other version. Personally speaking because it is such a large change I would have thrown up the site side by side and let people provide feedback first, implement what made sense, then migrate.

If that was done please excuse my ignorance since I didn't really see it. But the one key thing I can say is that trying to get to new posts, general threads, and weeding out the color and add bombs is making a stay difficult. And by stay I mean stay on the site finding articles to read due to the constant movement of adds.

Edit: I did find this gem, lots of good info that should help me :) Thanks @NY_Caveman

Last edited by a moderator:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@revhtree do you have any plans to change/remove/alter the right hand side bar?
IMO it's distracting.
Maybe make it so it can be removed by the individual?

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not complaining because I absolutely love this site.

Is it possible to put "SIZZLING SUMMER SALES" below "LATEST POSTS"? Hate scrolling through the ads to get to everyone's posts.

That is why I paid to become a R2R Supporter. Trying to avoid the ads. When I buy things I search for them on here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back