Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone tell me - how do you search in a specific thread lets say I want to search for xxxx in a thread with 100 pages - there used to be a 'search only this thread' or something like that - I can't find it.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway the thread titles can be highlighted in bold or a different colour under the ‘alerts’ menu as they are very difficult to spot as their virtually the same colour as the main text

Something like on the right hand side in new posts

Robert_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me - how do you search in a specific thread lets say I want to search for xxxx in a thread with 100 pages - there used to be a 'search only this thread' or something like that - I can't find it.

4664C512-9BA5-47E5-9A3B-89A8DDD60B97.jpeg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1 - just open the search box (far right on the toolbar) while in a thread, and you'll be able to choose "this thread". It's on "everywhere" by default, but there are several options once you click on it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1 - just open the search box (far right on the toolbar) while in a thread, and you'll be able to choose "this thread". It's on "everywhere" by default, but there are several options once you click on it.
Awesome. Thanks

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're still tweaking stuff!

Working on the banners making them a little nicer. Any suggestions on how we color them?

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the forum, but I do have to say, the laundry list of sales from the vendors on the homepage is getting a bit long and really does belong below the member forum posts area. In my opinion the forum is about the member forum, and could use a little less stress on sponsor promotion (though I know it pays the bills). Just my 2 cents.

I might be a little hyper sensitive since this is the way every webpage seems to go. You cant see the news these days without 7 tons of clickbait and advertisements.

Anyhow, food for thought :)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is obviously not a subject that needs to be addressed quickly, but, can we get the color of the like and unlike button to be different. I have found myself on several occasions liking things only to be unliking them because the color is almost the same. This may have already be expressed, so if it has then disregard.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the forum, but I do have to say, the laundry list of sales from the vendors on the homepage is getting a bit long and really does belong below the member forum posts area. In my opinion the forum is about the member forum, and could use a little less stress on sponsor promotion (though I know it pays the bills). Just my 2 cents.

I might be a little hyper sensitive since this is the way every webpage seems to go. You cant see the news these days without 7 tons of clickbait and advertisements.

We're running a special spot for the month of July and that's why you've seen those threads. This week and a few days next week will be all we run these specials. One thing we won't do to you is have pop up and crap like that.

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Couldn't have said it better. The summer sale should really be below user discussions. Personally I've pretty much stopped visiting the forum just for the sake of sponsor and sale threats getting alot more space on the front page. Before the update it was (at least in my experience) quite nice to just refresh the page every now and then and see what was hot and discussed. Now its quite limited from my perspective. Id really like for the summer sale to be under user discussions and maybe broaden the user threat parts to 20 instead of 15?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couldn't have said it better. The summer sale should really be below user discussions. Personally I've pretty much stopped visiting the forum just for the sake of sponsor and sale threats getting alot more space on the front page. Before the update it was (at least in my experience) quite nice to just refresh the page every now and then and see what was hot and discussed. Now its quite limited from my perspective. Id really like for the summer sale to be under user discussions and maybe broaden the user threat parts to 20 instead of 15?

It's really easy to get to the content you want. Just click the new posts: https://www.reef2reef.com/whats-new/posts/12698/

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is obviously not a subject that needs to be addressed quickly, but, can we get the color of the like and unlike button to be different. I have found myself on several occasions liking things only to be unliking them because the color is almost the same. This may have already be expressed, so if it has then disregard.

Done! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh boy, totally missed out on that :|

It's ok I get it! I'll make avenues for you to get where you want to go as easy as possible as long as people let me know.

Thanks!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome team man! Teamwork makes the dream work!
I do have another request, I need the live sale calendar back so I know when I will be spending my money, LOL!!!

You didn't think it was going to be that easy did ya, LOL!!!:p

Sorry, had to mess with you. Its coming together nicely.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do have another request, I need the live sale calendar back so I know when I will be spending my money, LOL!!!

You didn't think it was going to be that easy did ya, LOL!!!:p

Sorry, had to mess with you. Its coming together nicely.

Oh man we have such a nice new calendar!!

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man we have such a nice new calendar!!
I was only messing with you, I know you all have been working on it. You all are having to do a lot of work in a short period of time. I think the problem is its like muscle memory, we get used to doing things a certain way and it becomes a reflex, but when you change it, it throws off peoples routine. In time we all will learn to use the new site again and love it as we have before.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back