Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How come when i follow someone i dont get notifications when they post?

That is a feature that is not currently available. You can go to your profile (e.g., select your avatar at the top of the screen) and then select “news feed” to see the activity of those that you follow.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a feature that is not currently available. You can go to your profile (e.g., select your avatar at the top of the screen) and then select “news feed” to see the activity of those that you follow.
Awsome thank you

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new suggestion, not sure if it was brought up before, but....

I find it a pain to find a sponsors page, ok maybe im lazy, but what if the sponsor badge worked like the build thread badge? Make it so they can add a URL so when we click their sponsor badge it takes us to thier site?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say the latest iPhone update this week is terrible. It has also created added issues such as difficulty getting the keyboard to come up with the R2R Search bar (repeatedly press the search field to get it, BTW).

To this day, since the update, I still cannot see direct loaded videos on my iPhone.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanted to say the latest iPhone update this week is terrible. It has also created added issues such as difficulty getting the keyboard to come up with the R2R Search bar (repeatedly press the search field to get it, BTW).

To this day, since the update, I still cannot see direct loaded videos on my iPhone.
I still cannot see videos on my MacBook (@Hemmdog)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still say it would be nice to have a search box specific to each forum.

You can accomplish that with the search feature. You do have to be in the forum of choice though...

Screenshot_20191016-195252_Photos.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Did you try turning phone sideways? Screen has more features when you do

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still cannot see videos on my MacBook (@Hemmdog)
Same here, it’s so frustrating. I was planning on becoming a partner member as soon as the video feature was fixed for Apple users, which I’m sure are a giant percentage of this forum. That has yet to happen, how long has it been now, 4 months? Longer? I’ve been anxiously waiting. I feel like I’m missing out on half the content by not being able to see videos, it’s really disappointing :(
It doesn’t help half the people asking for ID’s and stuff like that are always posting videos now. Things were simpler and worked fine when everyone had to upload to youtube first.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try turning phone sideways? Screen has more features when you do
Unfortunately that does not help with the videos or the search.

The search issue is an issue that just started with the latest iPhone update last week. You have to tap on the Search field 3 times to get the keyboard to pop up. Although this "major" iPhone update is terrible, the problem with the Search is also a reminder that R2R is not really iPhone friendly since the website update. I guess all of the staff have Android since as Chris noted above me, it has been four months or so that iPhone users cannot see direct videos. There are other minor iPhone annoyances, but video is the big one.

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, Search function has not been working all night. Also, I cannot see My Posts (or anyone else's for that matter). Just leads to the "Oops!" message. Tried on iPhone and PC.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a thought. I wish I could separate out my Alerts. For example, if I view Reactions received, I can use the toolbar at the top to separate and look only at Loves or Ha-Has. It would be incredibly useful if I could separate out Quotes and, especially, Mentions. I get so many Alerts they become noise, but I hate leaving people hanging. Thank you.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On the home page it actually takes 3 pages to get to page 2 of threads. I think it has to do with spacing. Is there a way to make that smaller so page 2 is actually a new list of threads? Like on the old site.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree A ways back you were asking for suggestions on enhancements and I asked about adding a way to sort the posts in a thread to de-clutter and only view the OP's posts.
You had answered you were going to jump on it.

Is it still somehting you might consider adding?

My example is your build thread. If I want to read your thoughts and progress reports but eliminate the 7 pages of people begging for FTS's (Shameless Dig ;) ) between your updates it would be nice to be able to block that out temporarily so i can breeze through it in 10 pages instead 200.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree A ways back you were asking for suggestions on enhancements and I asked about adding a way to sort the posts in a thread to de-clutter and only view the OP's posts.

My example is your build thread. If I want to read your thoughts and progress reports but eliminate the 7 pages of people begging for FTS's (Shameless Dig ;) ) between your updates it would be nice to be able to block that out temporarily so i can breeze through it in 10 pages instead 200.

I'll let Rev answer, but in the interim, you can do a search in a thread for a particular member. It would at least isolate that members posts within a thread, although not as conveniently as what you're suggesting.

As an example, I searched your posts within this thread by hitting the search button, then choosing "This Thread" and entering your username. You can simply leave the search block blank. Like this:

1575408484738.png

Then it will populate a list of the members posts within that particular thread. Like this:

1575408558463.png

Again, it's not perfect but it's a temporary workaround .

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let Rev answer, but in the interim, you can do a search in a thread for a particular member. It would at least isolate that members posts within a thread, although not as conveniently as what you're suggesting.

As an example, I searched your posts within this thread by hitting the search button, then choosing "This Thread" and entering your username. You can simply leave the search block blank. Like this:

1575408484738.png

Then it will populate a list of the members posts within that particular thread. Like this:

1575408558463.png

Oh that's a handy, Critical thinking at its best! Thank you!

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been doing some trial and error with notifications and this is what I noticed. After marking all thread READ, I get notifications, UNTIL I dont click a notification regarding that thread then they stop until I either post there or mark threads read again.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1575408484738.png

1575408558463.png

I will say again, it would also be awesome if I could just see the images in a thread. I would love this for long threads of several experts, or even losers like my own little thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back