Ok, who's coming to see us at the R2R booth at ReefAPalooza in Dallas, Texas?

Would you like to attend the ReefAPalooza show in Dallas, Texas?

• YES I would love to go!

Votes: 205 65.7%
  • YES and I am going!

Votes: 45 14.4%
  • No I'm not too keen on going to awesome reef shows

Votes: 27 8.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 35 11.2%

• Total voters

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
WE are gonna be there!! super pumped to meet all the Texas R2R FAM!
once you stop by the R2R booth make sure you come and stop by we might have something cool for only our R2R Family!

NP_Floor-Plan_Texas_09-06-22_w_arrows1.21.gif

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef convention is rare air for sure

It's the one place in reefing you see zero panicking for ammonia control, yet all systems you're seeing are under 7 days old and most are carrying stock worth thousands of dollars. Somehow the sellers do no stumbling regarding the cycle, and its been this way thirty straight years.

try to imagine reef tank sellers setting up $50K torch coral displays there but electing to go home instead because api said a clear obvious .5 in the display. ever seen a seller at a convention pack up, leave home? how much does api testing weigh in their ability to create a ready reef, on time?

ever seen a crashed display reef at a convention? I haven't. been to a lot

by contrast, how messy and helpless are forum cycles

how long do they take

how confident are the cyclers

do they stumble? do forum cyclers ever feel their cycle broke, months into the setup (and go buy more bacteria)

rare rare air.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef convention is rare air for sure

It's the one place in reefing you see zero panicking for ammonia control, yet all systems you're seeing are under 7 days old and most are carrying stock worth thousands of dollars. Somehow the sellers do no stumbling regarding the cycle, and its been this way thirty straight years.

try to imagine reef tank sellers setting up $50K torch coral displays there but electing to go home instead because api said a clear obvious .5 in the display. ever seen a seller at a convention pack up, leave home? how much does api testing weigh in their ability to create a ready reef, on time?

ever seen a crashed display reef at a convention? I haven't. been to a lot

by contrast, how messy and helpless are forum cycles

how long do they take

how confident are the cyclers

do they stumble? do forum cyclers ever feel their cycle broke, months into the setup (and go buy more bacteria)

rare rare air.
They have mastered the art of using just the right mix of bottle bac and quarry rock from a secret (wet) location!

If i travel I have to go to Florida, Orlando to see a new grandson. I wonder if I can make a quick lay over in Dallas?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They have mastered the art of using just the right mix of bottle bac and quarry rock from a secret (wet) location!

If i travel I have to go to Florida, Orlando to see a new grandson. I wonder if I can make a quick lay over in Dallas?
Do it!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...and yes @RiptideAquaculture, I will be conducting random spell checks throughout the weekend! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I'll do all the spelling for them :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Oh no, it wasn’t them! They and their booth are always professional. They couldn’t stop laughing at me for my complete and utter inability to walk past misspellings at past events without making an effort to get them corrected. :flushed-face:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh no, it wasn’t them! They and their booth are always professional. They couldn’t stop laughing at me for my complete and utter inability to walk past misspellings at past events without making an effort to get them corrected. :flushed-face:
I may have to walk around with you for the good laugh!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It wasn't just stuff at the show...I'm remembering the great breakfast sandwich debacle. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back