Ol’ Dozer, my 8 year old pistol.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought y’all might like to see my oldest tank inhabitant, Ol’ Dozer the pistol shrimp. He’s been with me for almost 9 years now and is the only animal older than my Purple Tang. This is his 3rd watchman partner in his lifetime, and as you can see he loves to ruin my zoa garden area….

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought y’all might like to see my oldest tank inhabitant, Ol’ Dozer the pistol shrimp. He’s been with me for almost 9 years now and is the only animal older than my Purple Tang. This is his 3rd watchman partner in his lifetime, and as you can see he loves to ruin my zoa garden area….
It seems He’s got a very big personality for his small size!

OP
OP
HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems He’s got a very big personality for his small size!
What’s interesting, and I KNOW this is me anthropomorphizing, he just got his new watchman partner after the last one passed of old age (I think, no other issues anywhere in my mature DT), and when he’s solo I never saw him, would only hear the occasional click letting me know he was still kickin’. I call it pistol shrimp depression. These last two weeks he’s been back to his bull Dozing ways, it makes me feel good inside that he has a friend to cause a ruckus with, even if I have to dig out my zoas when he’s done.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s interesting, and I KNOW this is me anthropomorphism, he just got his new watchman partner after the last one passed of old age (I think, no other issues anywhere in my mature DT), and when he’s solo I never saw him, would only hear the occasional click letting me know he was still kickin’. I call it pistol shrimp depression. These last two weeks he’s been back to his bull Dozing ways, it makes me feel good inside that he has a friend to cause a ruckus with, even if I have to dig out my zoas when he’s done.
Haha, It’s always worth the odd one or two corals being bulldozed when it comes to pistols - I’m tempted on getting one to pair with my Yasha (Except A. randalli instead) I just don’t know wether to take the shot or not.

OP
OP
HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, It’s always worth the odd one or two corals being bulldozed when it comes to pistols - I’m tempted on getting one to pair with my Yasha (Except A. randalli instead) I just don’t know wether to take the shot or not.
Go for it! You’ll like it if you’re a tank gazer.

1 caveat, if your tank is in your room the pistol shrimps snap is as loud as the loudest snapping of fingers from a person you’ve heard. I can hear them faintly from the tank in the dining room all the way in my bedroom

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it! You’ll like it if you’re a tank gazer.

1 caveat, if your tank is in your room the pistol shrimps snap is as loud as the loudest snapping of fingers from a person you’ve heard. I can hear them faintly from the tank in the dining room all the way in my bedroom
Yeah, I know their snapping is loud - Ive heard the ones in my LFS that were juveniles snap, just got to hope he doesn’t snap halfway through the night haha

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s huge! Now I see the reason for some of the threads questioning getting them. I have two 1 year old randalli’s and they’re super small, don’t rearrange anything, and don’t cause any problems. Basically only catch a glimpse of a little claw every now and then. I hear the clicks but most of the time don’t even think about it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back