Old clownfish not eating velvet/flukes?

Ariellorca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

Noticed some odd behavior from my clown a few days ago, rubbing against the sand bed/ rocks.

For the past 3 days he hasn't eating properly he has basically had no food. He has been super scared when I've been feeding him( usually swims up to the food) he will swim around the tank super fast when he gets scared.

I've owned him about 2 months.

Parameters are all perfect expect for ammonia which is at .25 on api and similar on salifert although the api test kit is trash and I usually veiw the salifert test kit in the sun and it has been raining so hard to say. My seachem alert hasn't changed color.

Lastly he doesnt seem to have any changes to his outer appearance. I will post a photo of him from when I first got him and now. (Close up is off him today the other photo is from one month ago)

Cheers guys

20200529_182601.jpg 20200423_194558.jpg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gills do look a little red in the first pic. Can you catch this fish for a freshwater dip to see if flukes fall off? Are any other fish in this tank?

OP
OP
Ariellorca

Ariellorca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gills do look a little red in the first pic. Can you catch this fish for a freshwater dip to see if flukes fall off? Are any other fish in this tank?
Just the one clownfish, I could try catch him and do a fresh water dip. I think it looks abit red in the first pic becuase of the blue light. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back