OP
OPtasia

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club!!I love your intro.Hot as the sun you say.

Well, 2000 degrees F. give or take..... i'm only a few extra thousand degrees off... We're burning precious hairs here... ;)

Haha. Welcome... lots have changed in past 20 years especially. Whole new game. I still got my old 400 watt halides in my Attack.

Woah. You use 400 watt halides in hand to hand combat? What's your score in Street Fighter II?

If you even had metal halides "back in your day", then you ain't old, lol.

Welcome to R2R!!!

I can remember when Julian Sprung had hair and I think I still owe Jaques Cousteau $5.00....

To quote Indiana Jones, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." I have moose antler night slippers older than most of the people i've recently met in the hobby. Love them slippers.

Greetings OPtasia and Mrs. OPtasia. I had to 'reply' instead of a regular comment because I'm old as dirt and wouldn't remember what you had written without reference.

Good old 400w moguls were the days.

Seriously I'm glad Y'all joined up and are active. I too have done the game of many tanks at once but can't do as I once could as I was serious about the old thingy comment. ;)

Sound advice. I'm forever having to scroll back a page or two to remember what the heck i'm replying to. PS: Remember being deathly afraid of getting an oily fingerprint on an MH bulb? Kids today don't know these joys.

Welcome to R2R!!
Love your sense of humor!

Thanks. Glad you found Waldo. I do enjoy a metaphor. My spirit animal is Wilfred Brimley.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)
Old timers disease, welcome

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to.... Wait what is this place called again???? oh yeah, R2R ! ! ! !

Jughead.gif

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...........PS: Remember being deathly afraid of getting an oily fingerprint on an MH bulb? Kids today don't know these joys...........................
Thanks. Glad you found Waldo. I do enjoy a metaphor. My spirit animal is Wilfred Brimley.

I still am afraid to get oil finger on the MH bulb and break the vinegar water out quick, spray it off and wipe down as if it was a bar of gold.

Yes, sir, I found Waldo at the end of a circle. ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome and better than an old tank with fish fart !

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can remember when Julian Sprung had hair

lol ... I met him when we where just kids in our 20’s mullet and all, he was working at a reef shop not to far from me.. I remember we attended a start up reef club meeting together and there where only like 5 people there as reefing hadn’t really caught on yet ;)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!! I think you and @Paul B are going to get along nicely!;);)

I was just thinking, "is this a Paul B alter or does he have a younger brother?" :D

Welcome @OPtasia ! Look forward to you sharing your expertise with us. (from another older than dirt but much less experienced reefer).

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let’s see some tank pics! I already like your sense of humor, my team secures reverse mortgages for those people that remember using metal halides!

Glad to have ya! :)

Last edited:

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)

Your post made my day!
I'd definitely sit and have a beer with you!

David

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%

Back