Older style apex on the fritz

capschamp21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, came home today to find my aqua controller reading 82 but when checking the web page for my system it was 90!!! When I found this, the aqua controller screen was frozen, I couldn’t do anything, the aquabus and eb8 were blinking green status, but the other aqua controller (Ethernet connection part) was solid green status. Somehow I managed to have this thing programmed right where my pumps Fallback to on and everything is running, I’ve plugged in a separate controlled heater and have a box fan pointed at the sump to bring temp down. So far inhabitants look ok. I’ve unplugged everything in an attempt to reset-but the fallbacks kicked in and are running the pumps, and the only solid green status is on the aqua controller with the Ethernet. Aquabus and eb8 are blinking orange Status. The aqua controller display is illuminated but blank. Sorry for being long winded-any advice?

3F7368EB-FDD9-4D67-A1ED-DB24CB0162BB.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all, came home today to find my aqua controller reading 82 but when checking the web page for my system it was 90!!! When I found this, the aqua controller screen was frozen, I couldn’t do anything, the aquabus and eb8 were blinking green status, but the other aqua controller (Ethernet connection part) was solid green status. Somehow I managed to have this thing programmed right where my pumps Fallback to on and everything is running, I’ve plugged in a separate controlled heater and have a box fan pointed at the sump to bring temp down. So far inhabitants look ok. I’ve unplugged everything in an attempt to reset-but the fallbacks kicked in and are running the pumps, and the only solid green status is on the aqua controller with the Ethernet. Aquabus and eb8 are blinking orange Status. The aqua controller display is illuminated but blank. Sorry for being long winded-any advice?

3F7368EB-FDD9-4D67-A1ED-DB24CB0162BB.png
Maybe I'm not up to date on terminology - but its really hard (for me) to understand what you're saying is working etc. If I get it, your Apex Jr stopped working (the display was frozen - I thought you said it read 82 for Temp, but fusion said 90?) and your heater continued heating the water because the apex was no-longer limiting it? The part I do not get - is when you say you unplugged everything, but the pumps were working because they were on fall-back mode?

In any case, 1. I would put in a ticket with Neptune. While you wait for them to get back to you
2. I would make sure that you have a second temperature controller on your heater so that this can't happen (i.e. buy a heater with a built in temperature or - separate heater controller) set the second heater limit higher than the setting for the apex so that if the apex fails, the heater itself will not overheat the tank. 3. I don't understand why Apex fusion did not send you an alarm (or did it? ) I would set those parameters. 4. Here is a link on the Neptune board that shows how to address the problem (I think): https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?8939-All-Status-Lights-are-blinking-Green

Back