OMG, I Found a Fish in my tank I have not seen in over a Year!!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time you saw your fish was the last time I used AOL...a loooooong time ago.
Sorry I thought the AOL image search was classic.
You use AOL search? :oops: That’s really old school. I still use my AOL email address that’s 25 years old now - as my primary email address.

I use AOL because way before you Noobs were born all we had for information was "windows". I mean the glass ones that you never look out of because that is an actual world out there and not a "Virtual" world. By the way, windows are made of sand, the same stuff you have on the bottom of your tank. Kind of. :rolleyes:

Virtually everything you see through a window is real. Real means you don't have to download it before you can see it because it is what used to be called "tangible". (Google it on AOL ;Bookworm)

If you see a big dog outside a real, tangible window, it can bite you with real teeth, but that "Dragon" you see through "windows" on your computer can't hurt you because instead of really slaying the thing, as you do in your dreams so you can rescue the beautiful damsel. (not the fish) you can turn it off and go to sleep. It can't hurt you because it is made entirely out of photons which are really small things, smaller than clown gobi fry. :p (Although they did use Photon Torpedoes on the Starship Enterprise)

Most real girls are not in a computer program so you should walk up to one some day and actually make words come out of your mouth, after you wash it, so you can use real speech from whatever language you speak and not things like LOL, RUGF, ROTFLMAS , DSB, SSB, BB,

Yes, AOL is old school as I am and when AOL was the only thing around, I used it. It still works fine so I still use it and it is my home page on my computer because I don't know any other thing to use as I said, I am old. But all my real and virtual parts still work fine. ;Joyful

Old school is great as is my reverse undergravel filter. If anyone here has an older tank than me that doesn't use AOL or have a reverse undegravel filter, raise your hand..........Higher.

I thought so. ;Smuggrin

I still love youse guys. :p

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
a few if mine ended up in sump and i ended up feeding them in sump
Due to this, i now have a minimum fish size for this tank

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use AOL because way before you Noobs were born all we had for information was "windows". I mean the glass ones that you never look out of because that is an actual world out there and not a "Virtual" world. By the way, windows are made of sand, the same stuff you have on the bottom of your tank. Kind of. :rolleyes:

Virtually everything you see through a window is real. Real means you don't have to download it before you can see it because it is what used to be called "tangible". (Google it on AOL ;Bookworm)

If you see a big dog outside a real, tangible window, it can bite you with real teeth, but that "Dragon" you see through "windows" on your computer can't hurt you because instead of really slaying the thing, as you do in your dreams so you can rescue the beautiful damsel. (not the fish) you can turn it off and go to sleep. It can't hurt you because it is made entirely out of photons which are really small things, smaller than clown gobi fry. :p (Although they did use Photon Torpedoes on the Starship Enterprise)

Most real girls are not in a computer program so you should walk up to one some day and actually make words come out of your mouth, after you wash it, so you can use real speech from whatever language you speak and not things like LOL, RUGF, ROTFLMAS , DSB, SSB, BB,

Yes, AOL is old school as I am and when AOL was the only thing around, I used it. It still works fine so I still use it and it is my home page on my computer because I don't know any other thing to use as I said, I am old. But all my real and virtual parts still work fine. ;Joyful

Old school is great as is my reverse undergravel filter. If anyone here has an older tank than me that doesn't use AOL or have a reverse undegravel filter, raise your hand..........Higher.

I thought so. ;Smuggrin

I still love youse guys. :p
Keep in mind, I look way younger than I am. I look sexy for my age. Ask my old wife. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, so do I ;Smuggrin But I have socks older than you. I have amphipods older than you. My hermit crabs have canker sores older than most people on this site. o_O :D

Remember, it's hard to be sexy when you are constipated and why do I never see Supermodels in a Supermarket?

There are so many things I don't know. Like other search engines other than AOL. :confused:
What does "AOL" stand for anyway?

I built their office in Manhattan and never found out. I also worked a few Victoria Secret photo shoots (as an electrician, I wasn't a model, I'm not sure why, ) and I never found out their secret.

I wanted to "Help" put on their wings but they are all like 7' tall so I couldn't reach their shoulders. ;Bucktooth

My decorator crab does more one handed push ups than most people on this site.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, AOL = America OnLine

Being a Canadian, I guess that I'm not allowed to use it. :eek: I must admit, however, that I did use it for many years, because, as you said, it was pretty much the only game in town. I must have broken some international law. I wonder if Interpol is searching for me.

bweltsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul,
I also have one of those illusive Gecko gobies. He graces me with an appearance about once every six months or so. Have had him for about 5 years now. Great looking fish when I fleetingly see him lurking in the background.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, AOL = America OnLine

Being a Canadian, I guess that I'm not allowed to use it. :eek: I must admit, however, that I did use it for many years, because, as you said, it was pretty much the only game in town. I must have broken some international law. I wonder if Interpol is searching for me.

Rybren, you live in North America so they let you use AOL. :cool:
I now remember what AOL stands for, thanks. It has been so long since I installed it, I forgot. I thought it was Amalgamated Osolots of Louisiana or something like that.

Bweltsch. beautiful fish aren't they. I wish they would come out at least once a month for a photo shoot. :p

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
havent seen this phrase in saltwater much, but in freshwater we call them “Christmas fish”. In fw mainly is for certain cat fish. I have a whip tail cat fish and a pair of plecos that are both a decade old. I think in 10 years ive seen the whiptail 4 times.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have fish in my tank since the 70s that I have never seen. :oops:

I know I caught a tiny eel here in the Long Island Sound and he escaped his container in my tank. Now he may be 5' long and living under my UG filter. :eek:

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my planted tank i had an amano Shrimp that crawled in the filter and lived there fir 5 months until i found him and his buddy

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just in Costco. I can walk there from my house. :cool:

You should have called.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this pic of a gecko goby at the fish index on Reefkeeping.com here: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/fish/index.php

1.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd quit scaring your fish they'd quit hiding from you! :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B