OMG! Liveaquaria switched their 14 day guarantee to a store credit!!!

Specfishin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA does add Methylene Blue to the water for freshwater fish shipments. So that blue tinge you see is medicated water.
So yeah thats what i've come to understand. Just the one fw fish had it though. Anyhow they did reply back the next day and credit me with store credit with exception of the one survivor. I placed the new order but only ora fish from florida facility. Realized all the fish that doa'd were from California. Hopefully I get some satisfactory fish out of this even though theyre none like i wanted. I doubt i'd online shop for fish again, but pickins are slim locally.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just this week I received a dead six-line wrasse still in the bag from Liveaquaria and within 24 hours, my coral beauty (also from them) died. I had not added medications or anything yet. The fish was in an unhealthy condition when I received it. They were wonderful about giving me store credit, but I'm going to be using it for clean up crews and supplies. I'm not using it for fish. Plus, I get to pay for shipping again.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get banned from ordering DD/LA livestock in August when on the second occasion I had ordered a unusual/unique looking coral, they reported it as "damaged" and unshippable. I called crap on them with some very "colorful" language included.............I was hopping mad!! So now to hear all this about them is quite a relief. I have spent thousands with them over the past few years......They can basically KMA! Which is the least of what I told/called them!!
Sounds like you're bragging about abusing a customer service rep that very likely had zero to do with the coral being damaged and not shipped. Which, if you ask me, isn't something to be proud of.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're bragging about abusing a customer service rep that very likely had zero to do with the coral being damaged and not shipped. Which, if you ask me, isn't something to be proud of.

I feel the era of abusing customer services reps is over. We all understand they are typically the lowest in the corporate hierarchy. Beyond that, do you really want to be the person that berates an individual for just doing their job? I will say service has a whole has deteriorated over the last decade, but such is our society.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the era has ended. Customer service people still take a ton of abuse and now it’s filmed and displayed publicly.
i have friends who work in an upper priced restaurant ($100 person average) and the stories they share are disgusting sometimes. People coming in and spending $5-600 on Dinner and berating them because the steak was cooked wrong and they don’t want it fixed they just want it off the bill. Then they don’t tip, it’s not the servers fault, the didn’t cook it. One table even video taped the exchange and posted it online because they were proud of themselves. disgusting. But as you stated.....it’s our society now

corey

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having to pay for the shipping again... this is why my wife wont let us buy fish from online stores anymore.
Not sure I understand this. Outside of arrive alive why would they cover shipping? They ship a fish, it’s alive. Over the next two weeks it dies, completely out of their control, and you expect shipping to be covered for a replacement. Why?

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I understand this. Outside of arrive alive why would they cover shipping? They ship a fish, it’s alive. Over the next two weeks it dies, completely out of their control, and you expect shipping to be covered for a replacement. Why?

Does this look alive? My last order. I contacted them over the phone within 15 minutes of delivery. Either reship the fish or refund. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Or do the hobby a HUGE favor and just stop shipping them if that is the best you can do! One of them had a chunk missing where they stapled it in the bag.

20191206_220445.jpg 20191122_164558.jpg 20190922_114306.jpg

Last edited:

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The quarantine tanks in our fish room are fully equipped, including auto water change systems. The fish medicine cabinet is stocked with hundreds of dollars of medicines, from the cheap like GC to the expensive NFG. Our interest it to take care of any fish with at least a small chance of survival when received. Regardless if it costs more money to treat the fish than the actual cost of the fish itself. I firmly believe saltwater fish are sentient. They can tell the difference between my wife and I. I'm the big baddie that's always cleaning the tank, and she's the best friend who's going to give them a treat.

In our last experience, we received 7 female Dispar Anthias from an online vendor. The first died within hours. She Just spun and twisted in sprials the moment she was put in the hospital tank. Damaged swim bladder I presumed. Two more by the end of the week. Then another a week later. Maybe Uronema I thought? I honestly think their symptoms were closer in line with cyanide poisoning. These fish were $35 a piece, and we did receive a store credit. The line was drawn when we couldn't use that store credit toward the shipping cost of the next purchase. That's when i realized it wasn't about the fish for them, and then their customers. it was all about the profit.

And Completely out of their control? How about improving their practices and sourcing for the health and livelihood of these amazing creatures? We didn't spend thousands of dollars on quarantine/hospital tank equipment and medicines to keep these fish alive, then have them die for reasons which were too far advanced before we even received them. This is America and capitalism works. I'll take my dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D.O.A. Delayed Shipping arrived at 6pm. This is pretty annoying as I always end up ordering other fish that I don't really want that bad and the fish that I do want end up doa.

anthias.jpg

Snowclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry to see all the lost. I have been shopping with live aquaria for many years. About 20 orders with them at least. Always been great. When fish n corrals didnt make it in 14 days, they didn’t even ask why. But since now no refund and raise $150 for free shipping, I guess I’m done with them

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
D.O.A. Delayed Shipping arrived at 6pm. This is pretty annoying as I always end up ordering other fish that I don't really want that bad and the fish that I do want end up doa.

anthias.jpg
Sorry the doesnt make sense in English -but sorry your fish int make it. Though when I re-read it - I think you mean you order fish you want - and then some extra - and the one's you want end up do a - and the extras do not???

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry the doesnt make sense in English -but sorry your fish int make it. Though when I re-read it - I think you mean you order fish you want - and then some extra - and the one's you want end up do a - and the extras do not???

I order whatever extra to be able to use a promo code or something and most of the time the ones I want die quickly and am left with fish I don’t want all that much orthey die too sometimes. Point is that I find myself often spending extra to get some fish. Something Ishould stop doing.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order whatever extra to be able to use a promo code or something and most of the time the ones I want die quickly and am left with fish I don’t want all that much orthey die too sometimes. Point is that I find myself often spending extra to get some fish. Something Ishould stop doing.
I have done the exact same thing.
You want to have them replace a $40 fish that didn't make it, but you need to spend $149 to get the free shipping you had on your last order. So now if you don't spend the $149 on stuff you don't really want, that $40 fish cost you the price of shipping and box fee.
But in their defense, I can't expect them to eat the shipping. Sort of like a warranty on something. Most companies warranties make you cover the shipping both ways for repair.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Completely out of their control? How about improving their practices and sourcing for the health and livelihood of these amazing creatures? We didn't spend thousands of dollars on quarantine/hospital tank equipment and medicines to keep these fish alive, then have them die for reasons which were too far advanced before we even received them. This is America and capitalism works. I'll take my dollars elsewhere.
The point of QT is we assume all fish are ill in some way. It is the nature in wild caught fish. So where’s this disease free wild caught source you speak of? Reading your thread on it, you lost one soon after receipt and another a couple weeks later almost. That is 100% out of their control, not pointing blame just saying they can’t control that loss. It happens, it’s a sad fact of our hobby unfortunately. That there are businesses that still cover those losses for 2 weeks is impressive, as compared to most LFS that won’t cover anything soon as it leaves their store. I just don’t see why it’s this high crime that they then too don’t eat the very expensive shipping costs too.

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point of QT is we assume all fish are ill in some way. It is the nature in wild caught fish. So where’s this disease free wild caught source you speak of? Reading your thread on it, you lost one soon after receipt and another a couple weeks later almost. That is 100% out of their control, not pointing blame just saying they can’t control that loss. It happens, it’s a sad fact of our hobby unfortunately. That there are businesses that still cover those losses for 2 weeks is impressive, as compared to most LFS that won’t cover anything soon as it leaves their store. I just don’t see why it’s this high crime that they then too don’t eat the very expensive shipping costs too.
I agree that it does happen, and it's unfortunate. But not being able to use the credit toward shipping? I'm willing to accept less product than they guaranteed in the first placed. But no. I'm not asking them to "eat it". At least let me "eat it" with the guarantee they guaranteed me before placing an order. At that point it's no different than the LFS you speak of that doesn't offer any guarantee. I'd rather pay 2x-3x to someone like Marine Collectors.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back