My New Fluval 13.5 Build - On/off schedule for Powerhead?

Diver4242

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started building my new Fluval Evo Sea 13.5 in June. It's stock, with a heater in chamber 3 with the stock pump, Chemi Pure Blue Nano in the foam chamber 2 filter, plus the Sicce Nano Voyager 1000. I have two very small Ocelaris Clownfish, two hermit crabs, and two snails.

The Sicce seems strong for the two small clowns. Should I be putting it on a timer, and at what intervals? I'd like to get it away from the front of the tank, but chamber 3 is full with the heater and pump, so no room for the other half of the magnet in there, and no cutout for the cord on the other side of the tank lid.

Any comments based on the pic? I'm thinking of moving the middle rock up, supported by the other two, to make an arch.

Hinestank20200723.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Diver4242

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to move that powerhead to the back of the tank, rather than have it blocking the front view like that. To make it happen, I had to move the heater out of chamber 3 and put it inside the tank, on that same wall but inside. Otherwise, I didn't have room for the magnet for the powerhead.

Is that ok to have the heater inside the tank, instead of in the chamber?

Also should the powerhead be on a timer or run continuously, even through the night?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and power head, I would aim it at the back top right corner, I only view mine from the end, you have lots of options to play with flow moving the nozzles to different angles as well.

DSC_0003 (1024x885).jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back