On the fence but about to pull trigger on either the Jebao,CP-25 or Red Sea Reefwave 25, wavemakers...who's got one or the other?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao is less expensive (by quite a bit), but both seem to get decent reviews. I need more flow, after ditching my skimmer, and to help perk up the corals a bit.
Currently have one Jebao OW-10, which I am quite happy with, a couple hydors, submersible UV, and an aquaclear powerhead.

90 gallon setup, also wondering if one more OW-10 would be enough or not.

What is the cleaning like for those of you that have either of these units or similar? I don't want something I need to disassemble once every week, too much messing around for my liking...once every month or two ok....

Thoughts appreciated.

View Badges
Jebao is less expensive (by quite a bit), but both seem to get decent reviews. I need more flow, after ditching my skimmer, and to help perk up the corals a bit.
Currently have one Jebao OW-10, which I am quite happy with, a couple hydors, submersible UV, and an aquaclear powerhead.

90 gallon setup, also wondering if one more OW-10 would be enough or not.

What is the cleaning like for those of you that have either of these units or similar? I don't want something I need to disassemble once every week, too much messing around for my liking...once every month or two ok....

Thoughts appreciated.
I have two rfw25s they do need to be cleaned pretty frequently. They work great, but will loose a dramatic amount of flow when dirty. I wouldn’t say every week, but at two or just under before I start loosing flow personally.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two rfw25s they do need to be cleaned pretty frequently. They work great, but will loose a dramatic amount of flow when dirty. I wouldn’t say every week, but at two or just under before I start loosing flow personally.
Ah ok, every 2 weeks is at least somewhat doable for myself. How long and how easy to disassemble and clean? Citric acid or similar? Or just a brush off with toothbrush here and there... etc. Thanks.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use cross flow pumps because if they get even a little dirty they don’t work well at all.

so I would go with a Jebao ow series wavemaker, cheap and push crazy water! Get two and line up.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use cross flow pumps because if they get even a little dirty they don’t work well at all.

so I would go with a Jebao ow series wavemaker, cheap and push crazy water! Get two and line up.
Ya, my one currently is a sweet little unit...lots of agitation. You are talking me into lining two of em up....might aim one closer to substrate, or alternate that way to blow out detritus...

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x RW25. Very happy with them. I cleaned them for the first time last week after the system has been up and running for over 6 months. Plan on scheduling cleaning every 2-3 months. Very easy to disassemble and with the power words having an attachment half way up them easy to get out of the tank without completely unplugging.

What sold me on them is that each unit’s halves can be aimed independently. That means with 2 units I could get good flow in 4 separate directions.

I would not hesitate to buy them again at this time.

View Badges
Ah ok, every 2 weeks is at least somewhat doable for myself. How long and how easy to disassemble and clean? Citric acid or similar? Or just a brush off with toothbrush here and there... etc. Thanks.
You may be able to go longer, someone else said they went six months, shrug. Clean them however. I’ve used just a brush, I’ve used citric acid, currently I use the siciciciciciciciiicicicicicccee brand stuff. Super easy to disassemble, everything just slides apart and is color coded.

They also come with a set of guards to keep snails out etc. maybe that’s why mine get dirty so fast.

I do have them set in different directions. And they solved all my flow problems.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x RW25. Very happy with them. I cleaned them for the first time last week after the system has been up and running for over 6 months. Plan on scheduling cleaning every 2-3 months. Very easy to disassemble and with the power words having an attachment half way up them easy to get out of the tank without completely unplugging.

What sold me on them is that each unit’s halves can be aimed independently. That means with 2 units I could get good flow in 4 separate directions.

I would not hesitate to buy them again at this time.
Wow! Thats maintenance I can deal with!
You may be able to go longer, someone else said they went six months, shrug. Clean them however. I’ve used just a brush, I’ve used citric acid, currently I use the siciciciciciciciiicicicicicccee brand stuff. Super easy to disassemble, everything just slides apart and is color coded.

They also come with a set of guards to keep snails out etc. maybe that’s why mine get dirty so fast.

I do have them set in different directions. And they solved all my flow problems.
I did also look at the Sicce stuff, higher priced but worth it, it seems....

Great varied opinions, and figured thats what it would be lol.

View Badges
Wow! Thats maintenance I can deal with!

I did also look at the Sicce stuff, higher priced but worth it, it seems....

Great varied opinions, and figured thats what it would be lol.
I don’t regret them at all. The app isn’t great, but realistically once you have your programs set up you shouldn’t need to change it anyway.

I’ve had all kinds of issues with connectivity between ReefBeat and my various redsea components. What’s never happened though is the pumps going off program. Even if I can’t connect they’re running under the last set of orders.

my reefled lights on the other hand one day just decided to run at 100%. That was a bad day.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This me btw....its very simple, but it works. 20+ years in....

Dumping the skimmer my latest risk . More flow needed lol!
20210502_165854.jpg
20210429_191848.jpg
20210429_190052.jpg
20210429_190034.jpg
20210429_190012.jpg
20210429_190128.jpg
newer pipe organ seems to be doing really well too

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back