Once again, ANEMONE HELP

kikiteamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sea anemone has been good since then last post, but now I’m a bit worried. I understand they deflate to spit out stale water, but I’m not completely sure if thats what’s mine doing. I’ve been thinking of taking him to a local aquarium store for them to hold him for me, but I don’t necessarily want to give them a dead anemone! The other day he was completely inside himself, no tentacle/arm to
Be seen. Then he was stringy and now he’s like this. Like I said I want to give him up because the bigger tank won’t be ready and wouldn’t be mature enough for him, but I don’t want to give a dead anemone.

image.jpg image.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to give you any advice based on the pics. Need more info (params, tanks size/age/equipment) and some photos under white light. I will say that anemones inflate and deflate pretty regularly, that in and of itself isn’t anything to worry about.

OP
OP
K

kikiteamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but better pictures with white light and a lot more information on the system it's in now would help.
Got you! They’re in a 5 gallon that’s been established for about 5/6 months, it’s the anemone, a pair of clownfish, 2 hermit crabs, and a snail. They’re all being moved to a bigger tank except the anemone. Right now it’s on a regular hang off the back filter, which I know is not ideal either but he always moves to where the flow is so it’s never been an issue there. But here’s some more pictures with white light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
K

kikiteamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to give you any advice based on the pics. Need more info (params, tanks size/age/equipment) and some photos under white light. I will say that anemones inflate and deflate pretty regularly, that in and of itself isn’t anything to worry about.
I’ve only had him for about a month, but the tanks 5/6 months old

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything worrisome in the photos. I'd leave the clowns with the anemone until you're ready to move all three. Clowns are an important source of food for anemones. Like MaxTremers said it's normal for them to inflate and deflate.

OP
OP
K

kikiteamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything worrisome in the photos. I'd leave the clowns with the anemone until you're ready to move all three. Clowns are an important source of food for anemones. Like MaxTremers said it's normal for them to inflate and deflate.

Okay thank you! It’s my first anemone so I’m definitely watching him ahaha

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back