One AI Hydra26HD or switch to two AI Prime HD

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I have a question about lighting.
I'm currently using one ai hydra 26hd and was wondering if it is enough for my tank.
Or should I switch to 2 ai prime hd.

My tank dimensions are 30"L x 18"W x 18"H
Please let me know your opinions, thank you! :)

Luis Alfredo Najera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 26.5x 21 x 19 and have a hydra 26 HD and that's enough for my tank, I keep soft and shrooms on the outskirts LPS middle and sps on top
I thought about picking up a second hydra, but how about adding one prime to my hydra. Would that be acceptable?
you know what i just realized my tank is 26.5 x 21 x 9 with one hydra 26 HD and all corals are growing one hydra is enough i put sps on top Lps - middle and mushrooms on the outskirts

Luis Alfredo Najera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes me feel relieved lol. Just wasnt sure if I had enough for lighting.
What is your light schedule if you don't mind me asking, also each spectrum percentage.
i like my more blue then white i follow the ab settings its for LPS some low light sps and zoas shrooms
uv 118%
violet 118%
royal blue 140%
blue 116%
green 20%
red 25 %
and white at 15% just use the acclimation mode you dont want to fry your coral with too much light
7 hour schedule with 1 hour or two of ramp time

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on what is in your tank - SPS\LPS vs softies & shrooms...My tank (60"x18"x20") SPS dom has 3 x Hydra 26HDs and 4 T5 . I have the Hydras 18" apart (center to center of the fixtures)

OP
OP
Jaysushi

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a variety of corals in my tank. a couple pieces of sps acros, a good majority are lps and 3 shrooms.
I looked up the brs coral lab ab+ schedule and intensity and I mimicked that. I set my lights on acclimation like @Luis Alfredo Najera said so I don't blast them at full intensity.
We'll see how this schedule and lighting intensity does for my acros. I believe with the spectrum percentages from the ab+ that it will satisfy the sps a lot.
My light is hung 12" above the water surface and in the middle of the tank. Seems like the coverage will be good.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back